Help Please

salski

Manchester City FC!
Hi all

My husband joined SW last night so I have come on here to see what recipes there are for him. He is on the free and easy plan and I cant tell which recipes are suitable for him.
Also are quorn sausages free?!

Thanks in advance, also please feel free to laugh at me for being dense!

Sally x

salski said:
Hi all

My husband joined SW last night so I have come on here to see what recipes there are for him. He is on the free and easy plan and I cant tell which recipes are suitable for him.
Also are quorn sausages free?!

Thanks in advance, also please feel free to laugh at me for being dense!

Sally x

Hi Sally

Firstly :welcome: . Nobody will laugh at you here - it's full if friendly people needing and giving advice & support.

Is your husband on the Extra Easy Plan or Green or Red Plan?

Most recipes on here should give you SYN values for each.

As a basic rule of thumb Extra Easy can be for all plans provided a third of your plate is full of superfree food. I find this the easiest.

Green plans tend to focus on non-meat recipes and goes for predominantly the Carbs and veggie stuff. Meat can be added but only as a HEB and will be a specific amount

Red plan tend to focus on meat recipes and carb- style foods will be HEB on synned

I would suggest reading the book that explains everything as this is like a bible.

From reading on here quorn sausages were free but the newer ones I believe are now 1 SYN each. Quorn can be used on all plans

I am sure there is a thread on here which gives so much advice. I will see if I can find the link for you

Good Luck

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Fab - thank you so much for your welcome and thanks for the info!
Looking at recipes and there really are lots he can have, but again just confused what is free and whats not!

He is on the EE plan for the first week :)

If he's on Extra Easy anything on pp. 14-18 is Free - up to 2/3 of your plate can be full of this stuff. This is mostly meat/fish and pulses/rice/pasta etc.

The other 1/3 must be filled with Superfree stuff from pp. 11-12. This is basically most fruit & veg.

Then you get 1 Healthy Extra A (p. 21) and 1 Healthy Extra B (pp. 23-25).

Plus your 5-15 syns a day.

Good luck!

salski said:
Fab - thank you so much for your welcome and thanks for the info!
Looking at recipes and there really are lots he can have, but again just confused what is free and whats not!

He is on the EE plan for the first week :)

I dont know it will help but I have a lot of recipes on my link below
Also Britmum has a fabulous website online - I think it's called Supereats (if I'm wrong someone is bound to correct me) if you google it you are sure to find it.

EE is great for recipes like spag Bol, shepherds pie, Chinese, Indian, Roast etc where carbs are mixed with meat provided in your recipes you include a 1/3 superfree. My spag bol as an example has tinned toms, carrots, onions, mush i it so quite a bit of superfree. Superfree include the majority of vegetables ( but not potatoes, sweetcorn , parsnips, sweet pots etc) the list as Ermintrude said is in the book. There are superfree fruits to have also (raw) and both melon & strawbs are fantastic weightloss boosters!

I don't know if that has helped?

I am on EE tonite and having skewered kebabs ( pork pieces, mush, red onion and sweet peppers) marinaded with the SYN free BBQ sauce recipe on here and served with rice. Because there is a lot of veg (1/3rd superfree) it's an EE Meal.
For other meals like say for example a homemade burger I would have it with a side salad and homemade coleslaw which is made with cabbage & carrots (superfree) and the dressing is synned.

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Back