Help... please :(

NicoleW

I did Slimming World last year, I lost almost a stone in about a month. I then wasn't able to make the meetings, as it ended up getting really dark and they were on 7pm til 8pm and I don't feel safe walking home in the pitch black! I've spoken to my partner and I'm going to try again at the earlier time of 5pm (we have two young children so have to work around their bed times and meal times).

I'm now heavier than I was when I first started :( I want to lose about 2 stone but I have some.. problems that I find hard to diet.

Basically I'm really reluctant to try anything new, I'll see a recipe and I'll automatically think "That doesn't sound nice" So I end up eating the same things over and over again, which bores me, makes me lose focus and wonder "Why bother, I'll always be tubby".

I'm just about to tackle my next weeks food shop and I'm determined to eat SW recipes all week, in hopes that once I start trying new foods I can enjoy dieting more.

Can anyone reccomend any tips on how I can get my confidence up with new foods and any recipes will be fab.

Thanks girlies

I'll let the "real girlies" answer the confidence question;)

Meanwhile, you really have to start looking at expanding your horizons/appetite and trying new foods - stretch your comfort zone, for example.

Start simple with 5-a-day produce, try new fruit & veg for starters.

I now actually ENJOY parsnips, celery, courgettes, broccoli, spinach, butternut squash, cabbage, sprouts, cauliflower etc. stuff I'd avoid like the plague previously in favour of rubbish.

One step at a time is the secret

Steve

Hi, well you could start off with new recipes, with ingredients you know you like. That should give you confidence to be experimental. Then start introducing different veg/ salad whatever to meals. At some point you'll come across things you like and things you don't. Regards veg, use google to see different ways of using a veg boil/ mash/ roast/ risotto / fried/ stir fry/ casserole etc.

Tell yourself to stop being boring and have some fun x

What sort of things are your typical meals? Maybe just slowly & surely adding things to them or making them differently will help...good luck I'm sure you'll do really well X

Typical meals.. Well

(Oh and sorry for the ladies comment Maximus :) )

Lunch: Mainly soup, spicy butternut squash and sweet potato, carrot and corriander, leek and potato, super pea soup (all covent garden brand), pasta with spinach and tomato, crumpets with bacon medallions.

Dinner: Lasagne, spaghetti bolognese with garlic bread, baked fish and egg fried rice, sausage casserole with mash potato and veg, pizza, beef stew and dumplings

The only meal I like out of my dinners really is pizza and beef stew! My partner doesn't like casseroles or stews much and I can't justify spending extra money on food just for ME. However when it comes to vegetables, I love everything apart from Asparagus. Love them steamed, boiled, rosted, mashed, same with fruit though I wasn't too keen on Avacado :x

I also don't like rice too much either, but I do like cous cous

All the things you mentioned above can be made sw stylee....just go to the recipe section or do a search & you should find them there.

Back