Help Pleeease!!

lwtblb

Silver Member
Hi

I've lost my red recipe book & I've bought some lamb especially to try the carabean lamb recipe!!

Does anyone have it?

Thx

2 level tsp turmeric
2 level tsp cumin
227g/8oz low fat fromage frais
681g/1.5lb lean lamb, cubed
1 lg onion, chopped
852ml/1.5pt stoke made with bovril
1 level tsp ginger
1 level tsp paprika
1 level tsp allspice
fresh ground salt n pepper
1 level tsp cinnamon
1 level tsp coriander
1 level tsp nutmeg
1 level tsp dry mustard
198g/7oz tomatoes, chopped
1 level tsp cornflower

1/ mix turmeric and cumin into the fromage frais. pour over lamb and leave to marinate overnight.

2/ Dry fry the onion in 284ml/0.5 pint of the stock and gradually add remaining spices (this is verbatim from the book, I double checked) Gently cook for 4 mins.

3/ Add lamb mixture, the rest of the stock and the tomatoes and bring to the boil. Simmer gently until the lamb is soft and tender, approx 2 hours.

4/ Mix the cornflower with a little water and add rest of the mixture. Mix well.

5/ Serve with baby carrots, broccoli and cauliflower florets or new potatoes. taken from the healthy extras section and free vegetables of your choice.

Enjoy!! Hope it's tasty, it sounds nice. Let me know how you get on.

I do!

2 level tsp tumeric
2 level tsp cumin
227g/8oz very low fat fromage frais
681g/1 1/2lb lean lamb, cubed
1 large onion, chopped
852ml/1 1/2pt stock made from bovril
1 level tsp ginger
1 level tsp paprika
1 level tsp allspice
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 level tsp cinnamon
1 level tsp coriander
1 level tsp nutmeg
1 level tsp dry mustard
198g/7 0z tomatoes, chopped
1/2 level tsp cornflour

• Mix the tumeric and cumin into the fromage frai. Pou over the lamb and leave to marinate overnight.
  • Fry the onion n 284ml/1/2 pint stock and gradually add the remaining spices. Gently cook for 4 minutes.
  • Add the lamb mixture, the rest of the stock and the tomatoes and bring to the boil. Simmer gently until the lamb is soft and tender, approximately 2 hours.Mix the cornflour with a little water and add to the rest of the mixture. Mix well.
  • Serve with baby carrots, broccoli and cauliflower florets or new potatoes taken from the Healthy Extras section and Free vegetables of your choice.

That sounds just the ticket! I shall have to try it!

That's great guys, thank you so much.

If it's any help to anyone, I've always been put off trying this recipe because lamb is so expensive at the moment, but I've found that Asda do packs of frozen cubed lamb...and beef for just under £3 for about 1/2 kilo, so now I will give it a go!

That's great guys, thank you so much.

If it's any help to anyone, I've always been put off trying this recipe because lamb is so expensive at the moment, but I've found that Asda do packs of frozen cubed lamb...and beef for just under £3 for about 1/2 kilo, so now I will give it a go!

Don't forget to make sure it's lean, otherwise all your hard work goes right out the window :cool:

ive made the lean mistake before, made a huge sheperds pie and the 'lean' (not extra lean) mince was 28 syns :(

ive made the lean mistake before, made a huge sheperds pie and the 'lean' (not extra lean) mince was 28 syns :(

I some times have to use the lean if I can't get a hold of extra lean, but I either cut off or cook off all the fat and then drain it. Not a perfect solution, but not everywhere does extra lean, either that or it's expensive...you can't win. :(

Yes, as it's frozen it's really easy to break off any fat, but to be honest there wasn't really very much.

By the way it's cubed lamb rather than minced.

Even better, started to get all the ingredients out & found that I didn't have any turmeric, so ended up with Morrocan lamb instead! LOL

Back