Help required BLONDE!

gonnadoithistime

I joined up last night hav done ww sw I have been looking through the books and have just got a few questions that I hope you wont mind answering if you can! I am blonde so bare with me lol !

I know I am following the 1200 cal programme but am unsure if i have to rigidly stick to the menu plan or can say have a breakfast as long as using milk if needed from allowance and eg porridge/cereal/ready brek of my choice and it beeing less than 5 % and under 200 cals can u add sweetener ?

I have ordered some of the Solo slim meals as i think i will find this easier so for instance if i make a meal from those and add veg and it does not come up to 400 cals can you add extra say Rice potatoes or a rc bar as it says in some of the solo slim menus ? and may be a yoghurt and if i wanted to include a hot chocolate in the 400 cal meal allowance could I have this later on at night with milk allowance if left or does it have to be consumed with evening meal ?

I am really sorry to ask all this but just need some clarification!

Thanks so Much

Lisa xxx

Hiya and welcome.

This is just me personally speaking and what i have done. I would say if you are not sure then yes stick religiously to the RC booklet you were given when you registered.

For me, i just stuck to 1200 cals for the first 2 weeks following the 5% rule. I didnt count veg at all and lost 6 pounds first week, 4 pounds the next. Ask your consultant whether u need to count veg calories as this could be a grey area as some are counting the veg calories here - i am not. God i would be starving then!

so.....
"can say have a breakfast as long as using milk if needed from allowance and eg porridge/cereal/ready brek of my choice and it beeing less than 5 % and under 200 cals can u add sweetener"
YES

"Solo Slim - make a meal from those and add veg and it does not come up to 400 cals can you add extra say Rice potatoes or a rc bar as it says in some of the solo slim menus"
YES

"and may be a yoghurt and if i wanted to include a hot chocolate in the 400 cal meal allowance could I have this later on at night with milk allowance if left"
YES - dont forget power snacks

Hope this helps love - good luck - come back again if still confuddled
x

Firstly, Hello & welcome.
I used to do SW, but got bored of doing it, and eating tooo much.
this is a lot easier to follow I find.

For all the meals u can have wotever u like as long as its under the 5% fat per 100g, and only have 200 cals worth etc..
U can add sweetner to anything, it doesnt count as cals (thats wot I've been told)
as for the Solo Slim meals, if U've ordered the 7 days, or any of the others, u normally get a sheet with a meal plan on there, and u can follow that, but I wouldnt add spuds to most of them, but certainly add veg to bulk them out.
As long as U're having ur 1200 cals allowance, it doesnt have to be eaten in one go, u can have a 300 cal tea, then have a yog for pud later on in the evening, and then a hot choc b4 bed, or something like that, (if that makes sense)

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply it has really helped I am trying to get the hang of this board am only used to facebook lol! I am so hoping RC works i go away on 10th july and would love to get at least half a stone off before then! :flirt2:

Hi Lisa
good luck with the plan.
I have found myfitnesspal to be a great help when planning out meals which are not in the rc book.
I tend to add some veg to my meals but if i had potatoes/rice/pasta i always weigh it first to work out the cals as they are much higher than they are for veg.

Hope your first week goes well xx

hi and welcome to RC, If you are not sure then stick to the plan in the book. But you can venture off and add your own meals inas long as you stick to the 1200 cals and the 5% rule (thats wot I was told) as some of the meals I wouldn't be able to eat. Its slighty higher as you have to weigh it all out but it can be adapted for your lifestyle.

Good luck:D

Firstly, Hello & welcome.
I used to do SW, but got bored of doing it, and eating tooo much.
this is a lot easier to follow I find.

For all the meals u can have wotever u like as long as its under the 5% fat per 100g, and only have 200 cals worth etc..
U can add sweetner to anything, it doesnt count as cals (thats wot I've been told)
as for the Solo Slim meals, if U've ordered the 7 days, or any of the others, u normally get a sheet with a meal plan on there, and u can follow that, but I wouldnt add spuds to most of them, but certainly add veg to bulk them out.
As long as U're having ur 1200 cals allowance, it doesnt have to be eaten in one go, u can have a 300 cal tea, then have a yog for pud later on in the evening, and then a hot choc b4 bed, or something like that, (if that makes sense)

Does the 5% fat rule per 100g mean Fat or Saturated Fat - I am as we speak munching my way thru my mid morning snax pack of WW cookies which are only 88 calories and 18.9g of Fat per 100g but only 4.7g of saturated fat which is why I thought they were OK... :( they are yummy tho and going down nicely with my coffee...

Hi Lisa
good luck with the plan.
I have found myfitnesspal to be a great help when planning out meals which are not in the rc book.
I tend to add some veg to my meals but if i had potatoes/rice/pasta i always weigh it first to work out the cals as they are much higher than they are for veg.

Hope your first week goes well xx

I found this app on my phone yesterday and have been using it - it seems really good. A little hard to work out on some things how much you are having of the set amount... but managed to get it to work...

hi and welcome to RC, If you are not sure then stick to the plan in the book. But you can venture off and add your own meals inas long as you stick to the 1200 cals and the 5% rule (thats wot I was told) as some of the meals I wouldn't be able to eat. Its slighty higher as you have to weigh it all out but it can be adapted for your lifestyle.

Good luck:D

See question above re 5% fat rule - I might be doing a boo boo here :(

Is that the first fat amount or the saturated tho ?

ie

WW Cookies

100g contains

Energy 461kcal
Protein 6.7g
Carb 61.0g
Fat 18.9g
of which saturated 4.7g

So for RC would you go by the 18.9g or 4.7g? I was working off the saturated so had thought these were ok :(

I had all the same questions when i started.

Seems like everyone else has already answered them for you so far.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

I joined up last night hav done ww sw I have been looking through the books and have just got a few questions that I hope you wont mind answering if you can! I am blonde so bare with me lol !

I know I am following the 1200 cal programme but am unsure if i have to rigidly stick to the menu plan or can say have a breakfast as long as using milk if needed from allowance and eg porridge/cereal/ready brek of my choice and it beeing less than 5 % and under 200 cals can u add sweetener ?

I have ordered some of the Solo slim meals as i think i will find this easier so for instance if i make a meal from those and add veg and it does not come up to 400 cals can you add extra say Rice potatoes or a rc bar as it says in some of the solo slim menus ? and may be a yoghurt and if i wanted to include a hot chocolate in the 400 cal meal allowance could I have this later on at night with milk allowance if left or does it have to be consumed with evening meal ?

I am really sorry to ask all this but just need some clarification!

Thanks so Much

Lisa xxx

Sorry to hijack your thread Lisa... :(

Back