HELP! Shall I start again?

Cathy

Silver Member
Hi,

I did really well last year on Lt.
I started in July 08 at 17st10lbs and got to 10st 12lbs by March 09.
There were several things that then put me off track. I really wanted to get to target (10st 5lbs) but had a family bereavement and a few other things and to cut a long story short, Im now 15 stone and cheesed off with myself. :eek:
I had a breast reduction in November and have been on an "eating fest" since.
My only daughter is getting married on June 5th and I have a holiday in Greece immediately before it.
I don't want to look like Mrs Blobby and spoil the wedding pics. :break_diet:
Do you think I should give Lt another go?
I could start it on Monday, after my Sisters visit this weekend (she's going to KILL me when she sees how fat I've got, she was SO pleased when I lost the weight, but I've never told her about Lt, for the usual reasons that lots of us know) my husband supports me on Lt though.
What do you think?
This forum was a Godsend to me before, any advice/support appreciated! xx :wave_cry:

Go for it! You have nothing to lose except the weight!!! For you to post on here you must be really wanting to - you just need the support from this fantastic forum to get you going.

Remember how fab you felt last time? You will again!

Good luck xxxxxxxxxx

Hey Cathy

Sure why not give LT another go - you know how successful you can be on it. You have nothing to lose but weight ;)

Come on jump on board :D

Thank you all.

You're right, if I start Monday, I can get it shifted.
The encouragement on here is fantastic :)
I'll go to the chemist (with tail between legs!) on Monday morning.

I think I'll try for 11st 4lbs, as my face looked a bit scrawny last time.
Thanks again, I'll be back on on Monday with a Ticker and raring to go!

Cathy, I agree with the others. Get back in the LT saddle. But, this time please use the time to think more about your relationship with food. The why and when we eat questions are important to focus on. All of us must address these issues if LT is to be more than just a quick fix for us. If you don't do this then the weight will pile on again. Lots of luck for the restart. You will look lovely for the wedding in June.

Good luck on your journey Cathy!:) You can do it!

Go for it Cathy! It'll be good to have someone else in Liverpool starting on this journey as I start over. I've also regained all that I lost and have only restarted today. Goodluck!

Great advice from you all :)
After a nights sleep, I'm even more sure about it.
I'm going to start walking to work as well, like I used to. This also saves over £10 a week, plus, no buying rubbish from the tea-bar, will save another £10, so the Lt is almost paid for! ;)
Scazman, I think I remember that we go to the same Chemist? Jo and Jella at the Rocket? Good luck for your re-start too, we can do it! :cross::vibes:

Hi Cathy!!!
I remember you from last time I was on this diet over a year ago.
I am in exactly the same boat as you - I have put weight on too.
You did absolutely fantastic last time so I have loads of faith in you that you will easily do it again x

Hi Cathy!!!
I remember you from last time I was on this diet over a year ago.
I am in exactly the same boat as you - I have put weight on too.
You did absolutely fantastic last time so I have loads of faith in you that you will easily do it again x

Whoo! Thanks Snowie, I remember you too.
We can keep an eye on each other. ;)
I've just made my appointment for Friday to be weighed etc and will be starting Monday am, when my sister and b-i-law have left. :cross:
Good luck.

Hi Cathy welcome on board hun, I am a restarter too Getting to 11st 4lb and now 13st 13lb, very angry with myself, but as has been said this is a life lesson,
I noticed you said you hadn't mentioned it to your sis for the obvious reasons and I am not blowing my trumpet about the fact I am doing LT, but I think for me I have needed to embrace the fact I have made a personal decision to get myself healthy and to beat this vicious circle, For me, feeling like I have to keep it a secret from some peopple because I was afraid of their dissaproval, was part of the whole reason I have a food addiction in the first place, we are big grown up people and we can make our own decisions, you know this works for you hun and so you have nothing to be ashamed of from anyone, if they don't agree with it, they are entitled to have tthat opinion, however I feel good on LT, I lose weight at a rate that keeps me incentivised and as long as I can healthily continue my life as mother, wife and business person than what is the dissapproval about.
You have our support and I look forward to reading your success
Anna x

Back