Help - water question

Beacon

Hi,

I'm on day 5 and find myself dehyradted despite drinking 3-4 litres of water..is there such a thing as drinking too much water?

Don't think there is as long as you spread it out throughout the day. Most I can handle drinking is about 7lts a day and find that's more than enough and that is spread out from 7am through to about 9pm.

For the first few weeks of CD I was drinking 3 ish litres of water a day, bearing in mind I'd drink maybe half a pint of water before starting CD (and a bath full of tea:rolleyes:), but I felt SO thirsty.

I couldn't work out why as I was drinking loads, but always felt parched.

After about week 3 it went and I was fine on my 3-4 litres. I guess it's just your body craving it, and it certainly made it easier for me to keep up the drinking.

It will go, but I don't think it's 'that' unusual.

I always feel thirsty too (well sticky mouth anyway). I have done 3 wks on 3 lts, and now trying to drink 4 lts. I think is more the feeling in my month that makes me feel thirsty, try brushing your teeth more?
Dont forget that you may not have drunk much water before starting CD, but 'normal food' contains a high % of water, plus cups of tea/coffee/diet coke and all the G&Ts too! You would be suprised how much liquid you are missing out that you didnt realise you used to have.
xx

Hi
You can develop water intoxication... but a healthy adult can usually drink up to 15 litres a day, as long as it is spread out. :p Some how I think that that may be difficult unless you drink constantly. :D
So you should be able to drink as much as you are able.

Well I drink 5-7 litres a day and have no problems. Do you feel dehydrated or are you assuming you are from a ketosis stick or sticky mouth? I'm asking becasue whilst on LL we were tested weekly for ketosis and my stick always said I was dehydrated and I'm so good at getting through my water! Or a sticky mouth could be ketosis related so was just wondering.

Back