HELP where to buy lean minced lamb ?????

Thanks Ladies for all you help and advice, I did make a lovely moussaka but think next time i will use 5% lean mince beef instead of lamb see how that tastes.

you can get this one at sainsburys is 16% fat

500g

5060388310486_L.jpeg
thats great to know thanks.

I've found that by using turkey mince (cheap and lean by nature) and then adding a stock cube of the flavour I'm trying to 'mimic' it works really well! Made scotch eggs the other day and hubby couldn't tell the difference between pork sausage meat and turkey mince with a pork stock cube! Not sure this would work with all recipes but so far so good for me! x

Turkey mince is not necessarily lean. Yes, leaner than beef, but it isnt all free. Unless it says lean, or turkey breast, it probably has been minced up with all the unused skin in the processing plant, making it very fatty.

I use lamb mince from a butcher, it may not be 16% but it's definitely got a lot less fat than any I've bought from the supermarket- I used to get most of a can full. I still drain any fat but it's very minimal. I've seen the cuts he uses.

It may not be accurate but I'm still losing weight on it and I need this to be sustainable.

I just buy a shank & get the butcher to de-bone it, then I cut it into chunks & de-fat it. You can then mince it or use it as it is!
Just doing a lamb curry for today's dinner, got it maranating at the moment.

Back