Help!! Which diet

JoanPD

Hi,

Hope someone can help me I am not sure which diet would be most suited to me. I have about 50lb to lose:eek:

I am quite a fussy eater, I do not like pasta, rice or anything tomato based.

I am hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction of a diet that will suit me.

Thanks

Slimming world is working for me, if you follow the extra easy plan you can eat most things and with sw you don't have to count calories or anything like that. I only started Dec 7th and have lost over 17lb, and that's including christmas (where I gained a pound!)

Thank you for the reply, well done for your brilliant weight loss. I was looking in to this diet which does seem to suit me.
There is a slimming world club just down the road from me but I am wondering whether to just do it on line.

I contemplated online but knew that having to attend the group would motivate me to lose the weight, kinda like having someone to answer to lol. I was so worried about going the first time but everyone is lovely and in the same boat and for me I really look forward to my weekly meetings, gives me my boost I need for the week. You'd also pick up tips and its so easy to ask for advice etc.

i'd recommend sw too- since that's what's working for me.

Possibly red days- if you don't like pasta or rice, since those are limited on red days (and for your carbs you could have potato)

I'm not a fussy eater- so I guess I'm at an advantage that I can eat most things, so it's a lot less restrictive.

I do eat like a pig ;)

Good luck on whatever you decide to do!

I'm stuck on what to do.....contemplating a cabbage diet for a week to kick start then.... What can I stick too? I'm rubbish!
I'm 15 stone and need/wanna be 12.....
What diet would give me energy???? Ooooooooo!!?

Thank you for the replies, looking at the two slimming world weight losses it looks like it works. I think I am going to try this one.

A lot of weight loss plans work- personally i knew that SW was going to work for me because I needed to lose weight AND sort out my issues around food. I had to change my diet in a way that I was eating healthily, where I was satisfied and full after a meal and where I could have the odd treat if I wanted to.

My local SW group is amazing- my consultant has been doing her job for 15 years, and she gives me the support I need. The accountability of going to group keeps me focused (most of the time, lol) and it gives me a nice break for a couple of hours, where I'm sitting and chatting to people who are going through the same thing as me.

The support here is amazing too- I get a lot of love and encouragement on these boards.

I would say- look at the different weight loss programs/diets. Do your research. if SW seems like the thing for you, really, go for it- I can say from first hand experience that it's awesome.

I personally couldnt do the likes of the cabbage soup diet- it's way way too restrictive for me- I want to eat stuff that taste nice and fill me up- losing weight is only part of the journey- the mental stuff needs to be sorted too!!!

Your absolutely right, I think you have to be in the right frame of mind to succeed and also sort out your issues around food. You obviously have done really well and thank you for your help and advice. You probably will see me in the SW forum lol.

I also find with Slimming world that I think of it more of a lifestyle change then a diet as I don't feel restricted like I could be on other plans. I know that generally if I don't lose weight (or as much as I want) it's because I haven't stuck to plan.

LittleFlutterby said:
A lot of weight loss plans work- personally i knew that SW was going to work for me because I needed to lose weight AND sort out my issues around food. I had to change my diet in a way that I was eating healthily, where I was satisfied and full after a meal and where I could have the odd treat if I wanted to.

My local SW group is amazing- my consultant has been doing her job for 15 years, and she gives me the support I need. The accountability of going to group keeps me focused (most of the time, lol) and it gives me a nice break for a couple of hours, where I'm sitting and chatting to people who are going through the same thing as me.

The support here is amazing too- I get a lot of love and encouragement on these boards.

I would say- look at the different weight loss programs/diets. Do your research. if SW seems like the thing for you, really, go for it- I can say from first hand experience that it's awesome.

I personally couldnt do the likes of the cabbage soup diet- it's way way too restrictive for me- I want to eat stuff that taste nice and fill me up- losing weight is only part of the journey- the mental stuff needs to be sorted too!!!

Very true, I just wanna see a quick loss, hope it encourages me to get healthy eating....or it could go the other way and make me crave bad food.... I'm seriously doing my own head in lol

grr- i did type up a reply- but then my computer decided to have a hissy fit ;) lol

youre very welcome hun- i talk about sw all the time- i can't even begin to tell you how much i've changed in the last 9 1/2 months- i'm a new girl! and because of that i want to tell everyone how i changed- which was with the help of sw :)

hope to see you around the boards :D x

Very true, I just wanna see a quick loss, hope it encourages me to get healthy eating....or it could go the other way and make me crave bad food.... I'm seriously doing my own head in lol

how quick is quick? im averaging 2.5lb a week, just under, but I believe that's pretty fast. I did have a LOT to lose though.

if you just want to lose weight fast- then the best way would probably be the vlcd- the meal replacements. As I said- that is something that I have never done, nor would I ever do- but I see it works for people, and it does pull out the big losses.

i still recommend sw though- at least with the plan you can just keep following that for life- it's completely doable. I still have takeaways every so often, and I have friends who have the odd drink at the weekend.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do though. remember that you shouldnt have to rush- it's a journey- you might as well enjoy it while you're doing it!

Thank you x

Back