Help will gammon and eggs .......

Jessica Rabbit72

Gold Member
I have been so angelic this last 3 weeks and stuck to it 100% but have bin out for tea tonight with the family and have eaten.:break_diet:

The kids were giving me grief that I wasnt eating and with them only being 5 and 7 I couldnt go into all the ins and outs as I dont talk diets etc at all infront of them as I dont want to pass on my awful relationship with food.:cry:

I deliberately chose something protein based - there was chicken but I just didnt fancy it and the salads came with loads of dressing so chose Gammon, eggs, chips and peas and promptly gave chips to hubby and peas to kids. Im proud of myself I resisted the carbs but obviously annoyed I was forced into eating. :(:(:(:(

My hubby asked if I wanted a pudding and I firmly said no without hesitation for damage limitation as I dont want to spend the next 4 days getting back into ketosis!

I hope so much the gammon doesnt knock me out of ketosis

I love this diet so much because the results are SOOOOO quick and it takes out all the agony of choosing the 'right' foods to eat all the time but I hate it so much as it is so impractical for eating out, social events and trying to have some kind of normality infront of children!

When I SSed last time I insisted on taking soup with me and mousse to restaurants but I could get away with it then because the kids were only 3 1/2 and 2 so they didnt notice too much.

I have no intention of eating anymore tonight and will be on SS 100% from now on

Sorry for the rant - how does everyone cope who has kids when they go out ? Im okay when we are at home because I can hide it more from them.

LOL

heya, when i had gammon and eggs last time i went out for dinner it didn't take me out of ketosis. But it all depends on how carb sensitive you are, and how many CD meals you had that day.

That said, well done for resisting the carbs! And fantastic losses! Godd luck with the rest of your amazing journey xx

Gammon and eggs shouldn't knock you out of ketosis as it's low carb but it is pretty high in cals. It may knock you back weight loss wise for a day or 2 but on the bright side it may also 'shock' your system so that it gives your metabolism a boost!

The thing to watch out for is that gammon is really salty so you should up the water to flush it all out

I don't have children of my own and I admire anyone who is on this diet w/kids. I am a teacher and I often have students come to my room and eat lunch as a reward. They see me not eating food but having my tetra, they see that it is chocolate and usually will ask for one. I tell them that it is my medicine from the doctor which in my case is true (with opti, I am under a doctors care). They never ask why I have to take medicine, they just know that medicine helps you "get better". When I say it is medicine from the doctor, they turn up their little noses and the conversation goes on to other things. When they see me with a tetra at a later day, time they say oh you are drinking your medicine. They are cute ages 5-11. Little kids are so concerned about the adults they love so even more so for a parent. I don't know how you want to explain it to your little ones, but you cannot feel "forced" to eat throughout this diet or you will get no where. It maybe that you go to a plan that includes food if it will ease the kids mind. Good luck

thankyou all for your replies some good ideas for what to say to the kids too. Luckily we dont go out too often for tea - with the 'credit crunch'!

im hoping it will either keep me in ketosis or shock my metabolism. I have drunk loads aswell to help with the salt and havent had my third shake yet. TBH im not actually hungry so am going to settle down infront of tv and if I fancy it later I may have it.

Thanks again
LOL

My children are 5,4 and 1 and my eldest is already noticing at meal times that I'm not eating the same as them. I have tried to explain that mummy is eating special foods so she'll be healthier but I get "you can have pancakes, mum, they're good for you". I try and keep busy at mealtimes now(baking, washing up, packed lunches), so hopefully they won't notice I've not eaten. I am worried too that it will affect how they feel about food, but it is only for a short period of time and hopefully their memories will be of a fantastic, fun, confident mummy with bags of energy eating healthy foods.

does it matter too much if you dont have your third shake today?
I only ask because ive had two packs and 140g of chicken breast.....not sure wether to leave the third pack out to compensate for the calories.....

Hi
I have the same problem with eating in front of the kids. My twins are 7, and where my daughter is oblivious to what food is eaten by me, my son is very aware and I have to be really careful about what I say is bad and good to eat. I think it would be quite easy for him to stop eating because he wants to stay "healthy", ie. thin. We don't deprive them of anything, but always try to instil in them what food they can eat lots of & what they should only have every now & again. I have a business lunch on Thurs and hubbys b'day on the 10th... I'm at a loss as what to do foodwise. I think I could eat a chicken salad on both days without feeling the need to keep eating, but I struggle with my weight loss, so is it worth the hassle.... but could someone tell me how could eating boost metabolism?

Although I dont have kids I am being forced into a similar situation at the weekend. I am only restarting today after a bit of a false start 2 weeks ago. I am so determined to do it this time, and so happy about it! But I have my OH sister coming over from Ireland at the weekend and this will be the first time we have met. She is insisting on taking us for a day out to London on Saturday, including a show and then for a traditional roast on Sunday. My OH has begged me to join in as if i dont it will make everyone feel awkward and she may take offence. I have agreed to follow atkins style on Saturday and just have chicken and veg on Sunday but I can tell you how resentful I feel about it! I just keep trying to tell myself it will be a little blip, and yes it may slow down my weight loss for one week, overall in the long run its not going to do much damage.

My children are 5,4 and 1 and my eldest is already noticing at meal times that I'm not eating the same as them. I have tried to explain that mummy is eating special foods so she'll be healthier but I get "you can have pancakes, mum, they're good for you". I try and keep busy at mealtimes now(baking, washing up, packed lunches), so hopefully they won't notice I've not eaten. I am worried too that it will affect how they feel about food, but it is only for a short period of time and hopefully their memories will be of a fantastic, fun, confident mummy with bags of energy eating healthy foods.

Im doing exactly the same with all the jobs while they eat its much easier that way - just a pain when we go out - but I dont want to deprive them of a meal out just cos Im on cd! it will all be worth it in the end I know just seems a bit harder some days than others and as you say 'hopefully their memories will be of a fantastic, fun, confident mummy with bags of energy eating healthy foods'
LOL

Although I dont have kids I am being forced into a similar situation at the weekend. I am only restarting today after a bit of a false start 2 weeks ago. I am so determined to do it this time, and so happy about it! But I have my OH sister coming over from Ireland at the weekend and this will be the first time we have met. She is insisting on taking us for a day out to London on Saturday, including a show and then for a traditional roast on Sunday. My OH has begged me to join in as if i dont it will make everyone feel awkward and she may take offence. I have agreed to follow atkins style on Saturday and just have chicken and veg on Sunday but I can tell you how resentful I feel about it! I just keep trying to tell myself it will be a little blip, and yes it may slow down my weight loss for one week, overall in the long run its not going to do much damage.

Oh bless you I really feel for you. Only you know whether it qwould be a good idea to eat or not. Some people eat and get back on track the next day and feel that the temporary eating is worth it to spend 4 days getting into ketosis again but others dont manage to get back on track and end up going off cd completely for a while and come back to it when they are ready.
You will make the right decision for you
LOL

Hi
I have the same problem with eating in front of the kids. My twins are 7, and where my daughter is oblivious to what food is eaten by me, my son is very aware and I have to be really careful about what I say is bad and good to eat. I think it would be quite easy for him to stop eating because he wants to stay "healthy", ie. thin. We don't deprive them of anything, but always try to instil in them what food they can eat lots of & what they should only have every now & again. I have a business lunch on Thurs and hubbys b'day on the 10th... I'm at a loss as what to do foodwise. I think I could eat a chicken salad on both days without feeling the need to keep eating, but I struggle with my weight loss, so is it worth the hassle.... but could someone tell me how could eating boost metabolism?

I know exactly what you mean. I had a childhood of being told not to eat cakes sweets and biscuits cos they would make you fat and rot your teeth - so what happensd - secret eating binge eating and a horrendous relationship with food!!!!

So I know my Mum was only doing it cos she loved me and wanted to protect me and now Im a mum I can understand where she is coming from but I vowed that I would never say those phrases to my kids and my children have alot more cakes sweets and biscuits than I ever did but we have them in moderation and I never talk about GOOD and BAD foods.

You could do chicken salad at both events and that hopefully wont affect your loss too much but Im not sure which foods would boost your metabolism someone else may know - BUT after my gammon and eggs episode yesterday I lost 1 lb on the scales this morning in 24 hours - so that could be an option for you;)
Good luck
LOL

does it matter too much if you dont have your third shake today?
I only ask because ive had two packs and 140g of chicken breast.....not sure wether to leave the third pack out to compensate for the calories.....

some people have chicken and all their shakes and it doesnt affect their weightloss. I know I have previously eaten chicken on top of mine and it slowed it a bit but not dramatically.
LOL

Back