Help with 790 plan food ideas

jack29

I have decided to start the 790 plan from Monday 30th Oct. I have lost almost 3 stone and still have at least another 2 stone to go but am finding SS'ing really difficult now. My problem with 790 plan is that I don't like many of the choices of food. I wondered if I list what I do like if anyone could give me any ideas of what to cook please?:confused:

Like:
Chicken
Turkey
Tin Salmon (in place of Tuna?)
Green Salad
Celery
Cucumber
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Asparagus

And that's about it! If anyone has any ideas I would be really grateful.:)

Hi jack,
I think if you look back through the threads you will find some receipes for the 790 plan, I found some when I was browsing the other day.

I think chicken wrapped in foil is always nice, you can even add the asparagus into the foil and it cooks too, making it very simple to do. Have you heard of the south beach diet? That has a cookbook and receipes in the first phase, and some of the latter ones too, have no carbs and are low cal. Maybe worth having a little look online too? People often put up receipes on food sites for a particular calorie count.

Hope that helps, and let us know if you find anything scrummy as it looks like I'll be joining you on the plan!!!

I do a chicken stir fry, I blanch whatever veg I am using in water with marigold bullion. Then cook some chicken in a dry frying pan, add some spices of your choice I usually use cajun then chuck the veg in for a couple of minutes and serve. :)

Someone posted these a few days ago. I just tried the tuna steak.. OMG its amazing, I love 790 (only been on it for 3 days), so much food after SS for 9 months though!

Leighann

Meal Ideas for 790 Plan
Turkey Breast Salad. I always use lots of spices to kick it up a notch. I have cucumber, different lettuces and cress on my salad chop it up small and add a bit of vinegar. I griddle the turkey breast on a hot unoiled griddle pan and chop up small and chuck the salad together. (I have this quite a lot as you can vary the spices or salad for added flavour)

Grilled mushrooms and cottage cheese. I get one big mushroom peel it take the stalk off add spices to the cheese mix and add to the mushroom then grill for ten minutes or so.

Chicken breast with asparagus. Get chicken breast and garlic to taste add spices wrap in tin foil cook in oven for twenty five-30 minutes. Heat up a hot griddle pan add three-four aspargus tips with a squeeze of lemon juice cook for four minutes serve with the chicken and one tablespoon of spinach.

Spinach wrapped chicken. Get chicken breast flavour to taste with herbs/spices flatten with rolling pin. Brown off in unoiled pan. Wrap in spinach leaves squeeze of lemon. Wrap in foil and bake for twenty minutes.

Tuna with Kale and mushrooms. Had this for tea last night. Measured my tuna steak spices it up added splash of lemon and shoved in foil in oven for twenty mins.
Then boiled the kale for 5 minutes and griddled the mushrooms with sprinkle of garlic. Added tuna to griddle for 5 mins just for texture and enjoyed and boy did i enjoy the tuna was delish. Also first time I have had kale and that was yummy.

Back