Help with eating disorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lea C

Hi everyone

I've been debating for a while whether to post this or not as I am really conscious that I'm coming from the other end of the spectrum. Basically I really would appreciate any advice and as I am on here every single day it made sense to see if anyone can offer me any support. So here's my story...I started SW ten yrs ago with 5 st to lose. I lost that and have maintained a healthy weight up until last year thanks to SW. However, I went too far and am now suffering with an eating disorder and am desperate to gain weight SLOWLY but still I really need to and want to get back to good health. I am still obsessed with SW think I always will be but I do it to the extreme. My BMI is now 14 and I actually feel like I'm pretty close to death, I have no energy ever even climbing stairs is a battle. I really need some help. I eat loads but it's generally 'free' foods as in veg and salad. I have started eating more meat, well chicken and tuna and also have beans once a week. I'm terrified of carbs but know I need to increase them, I'm just so worried about piling weight on too quick that I daren't eat them. Anyway, that's me. I'm not sure if anyone can offer any advice or support but I really would appreciate anyone taking the time to help me.

Thankyou for listening xx

We aren't in a position to give medical advice and I think realistically this is what you need, and urgently.
Do you have support from your GP? If you haven't approached them, I strongly recommend you do and as soon as is humanly possible.

Much as we offer support for weight issues, and indeed most of us probably could be considered to have an eating disorder of some form or another, what you are detailing really is beyond our remit and professional support is the way to go here.

I don't want you to feel rejected or anything. But by your own admission this runs pretty deep, please seek proper help. Xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back