Help with Forum

Mrs Pepperpot

Hi everyone,
am fairly new on the site and wondered if someone could help me!

Firstly if I comment on a thread, I can never find it again as there are so many threads- is there some way to search or link back to things you have already read/commented on?

secondly, have managed (don't know how!) to create a ticker for myself but have no idea how to edit it. It says that if you click on the ticker it should allow you to edit but can't do it. Do you have to make a new one each time you update your weight?

Also, how do people put their slimming world stickers (half stone etc) on their profile?? sorry about all the questions,
I'm the least technical person in the world!!

gemma

Hi ya, to find threads i have posted on/started i go to the top of the page where it says "user cp" and then it comes up with threads that have new posts, if you click under that it says other posts or something like that on right hand side under the last thread and it brings up posts that have had no replies since last time you looked.

The ticker - i think you click on it then it takes you to the site you made it and you probably need a password or something to change it? not sure! Sorry

To get the stickers on your signature go to slimming world off topic forum and on one of the stickies someone has kindly posted them all so you just right click and paste them on to your profile (i think)

Hope this helps, sorry im not good at explaining lol xx

Another way you can find threads you have created / commented on is to use the quick links tool - that's the way I do it.

Simply click on 'Quick Links' in the blue section at the top of the page (next to the Search option). A drop down list will appear, and near the bottom you'll see Subscribed Threads. Click on that and it will take you to a list of all threads you've contributed to - any with new posts will be highlighted in bold.

Hope this helps!

The way I use is to click on my name at the top of the page where it says "Welcome ...." and this will take you to your profile. Then click on "statistics" and then "Threads started by you" or if you have just put a comment on someones diary "All posts by you"
Editing your Ticker, as has been said..Click on the Ticker then put in your password that you entered when you created it. That will take you to your weight began, weight goal and weight now which you alter accordingly. Don't forget to also alter your signature details and your profile details via User CP as well.
Happy posting...

Last edited:
Thanks Emmaline, but do you click on your ticker within a post and is it right or left click? nothing seems to happen when I click on mine although when I click on other peoples it takes me to ticker factory! In the end I just created a new one but don't want to do this every time I weigh in xx

go onto your actual ticker on any of your posts, then either double click left side of mouse or one click on right side of mouse then "open link", it will ask for a pin number then scroll down a bit and "edit weight loss"
hope this helps.
also if you go to the sw rewards on my post and right click, say on slimimer of the week, then copy, then you can post it on your signature.

Thanks Emmaline, but do you click on your ticker within a post and is it right or left click? nothing seems to happen when I click on mine although when I click on other peoples it takes me to ticker factory! In the end I just created a new one but don't want to do this every time I weigh in xx

It's because your ticker isn't hyperlinked - meaning it won't take you to the edit page. As it is, it's just a stationary image.

Are you sure you copied & pasted the correct code, and didn't add/delete anything too/from it?

There are two choices once you've created the ticker - one is a BB code and the other is HTML - do you know which one you copy? I've tried to do it again and copied the HTML one and then tried to paste it as a hyperlink - about to see if it's worked! NO IT DIDN'T!!

It's the BB code you need hun.

Thankyou for all your help! Got dh to do it in the end - he doesn't know what he did but it seems to be working!

By the way my dd is 21 in July as well - are you doing anything special? xx

Back