help with job interview

lillie

weighs a lot less
here goes my life story,i left school with 10 gcses all a and b,went to college and did alevels german,law and sociology,didnt know what to do at uni so took a year out ,had mad jobs like working at butlins and several bar jobs then got pregnant .
I havent had a proper job since then really ,i worked in a care home covering my friends holidays for a few weeks and at the moment i am a part-time cleaner in the evenings.
Both my girls are at school now so i really want to get a job.I found one last week and as im such a charmer on the phone they have asked me to go for an interview next week ,they have sent me an application form through the post that i have to take with me and i really need to look good on it to have a hope of getting this job ,any idaes on how to sell myself would be appreciated xx

Naked, go naked works everytime. xx

Just be open and honest honey, you're fab xxx

one important thing you can do is be prepared... if you can do a little background check on the workplace... if they ask you questions about it and you have researched it gives them the opinon that you made the effort to find out what they do etc.

Be yourself and you will knock them dead :)

Best of luck.. let us know how you get on!

i second what lumpyroo says. i used to interview a lot and always used to ask canditates 'do you know what we do/our company?'. any that answered 'no' were always put in the 'no' pile. afterall if anyone is not interested enought to at least google the place they are not very interested. so find out a bit about the company and try and think of some questions that you can ask as that always makes you come across as keen. hell lillie with your great new body (and all the confidence it must of bought you) I am sure you will walk it!! Juliax

Good advice Lil. I really cant help much ive only ever had 1 interview, started when i left college and finished when i had Millie!! xx

try and sit down and relax and think of answer to the following questions as these are always asked!

WHAT CAN YOU OFFER THE COMPANY?

ARE YOU FLEXIBLE? IE HOURS DAYS OVERTIME

WHERE DO YOU POSTION YOURSELF IN SAY 5 YEARS TIME? ( IN HOME LIFE AND WORK LIFE)

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CAREER TO BUILD ON OR SOMETHING TO TIE IN WITH YOUR HOME LIFE.

THESE QUESTIONS ARE AWLAYS ASKED AND IF YOU HAVE THE ANSWER TO THESE YOU WILL BE WELL ON YOUR WAY!!!

GOOD LUCK HUN, TAKE IN YOUR BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS IF IT IS DEDICATION THEY ARE AFTER AND DETERMINATION THERE'S NO BETTER PROVE THAN THAT!!!! KEEP US POSTED!

When is it hun? xx

You'll be great hun im sure of it xx

i left school with 10 gcses all a and b,went to college and did alevels german,law and sociology,didnt know what to do at uni so took a year out

So 10GCSEs, 3A levels, and a gap year to think about what you wanted to do next, say you didn't want to rush your decision- this is all good.

had mad jobs like working at butlins and several bar jobs then got pregnant .
I havent had a proper job since then really ,i worked in a care home covering my friends holidays for a few weeks and at the moment i am a part-time cleaner in the evenings.

Got pregnant - (personally i cant wait to have kids) but i would have to tell you that from a emplyoers point of view that you'll have to do the whole "i decided to settle down, found my life partner, got pregnant". if it wasnt planned then mention it but work with it, i mean say that you were ready, in a good relationship, and had the support of your family.

You say you havent had a job since then - you were a mother!!!Thats one of the best jobs ever, ok so you're not paid directly but you don't pay for childcare. Its obvious that you can juggle caring for your kids with part-time work and this works to your advantage. I'd use your part time jobs to show how keen you were to get back into full time work.

Both my girls are at school now so i really want to get a job

This is the main point, you have succesfully raised 2 kids to school age and now you want to do something for yourself by furthering your career.

Personally matey, i think it will go well for you :) Don't think that just cos you havent got much work experience that you are at a disadvantage, you just have to spin it positively - at least you dont need maternity leave anytime soon!

BEst of luck hun, let us know how it goes xxxx

I am the interview QUEEN! It's one of the only things i can do confidently :) Ooooh, and i would throw in your amazing weight loss too - shows you are commited! Dont feel down if you dont get it, and i would start looking for more jobs just in case. I think the national average of jobs offered after interview is 25%! so you gotta apply for at least 4 xxxx

Back