Help with present?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by my_girl, 6 July 2011 Social URL.

1. my_girl

my_girl Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(4.01%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My son is going to an 8th birthday party at the weekend and I always dread buying gifts as I never know what to buy!

So, im thinking of getting a voucher for said child instead then they can choose something. I normally spend £10 and was thinking about a voucher for amazon.

What do you all think, does it sound suitable? They have such a broad range of things I thought theres bound to be something he would like on there!

Theres so much pressure now on gifts and things isnt there? The parties are getting more and more exstrvagent (sp?) each year, its like a competition in his class!! x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. louisa_jane

louisa_jane Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(3.57%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know what you mean. My son is 4 and has been going to a lot of birthday parties recently and its really hard to find presents especially for boys. I would have given money/vouchers but I think at 4 children like the novelty of having presents to open. Im not entirely sure but by 8 I think they would be happy with either money or presents.

Last edited: 6 July 2011
  4. shivvy1211

shivvy1211 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6.5lb(19.44%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My son went to a classmates 7th birthday party. I gave and argos voucher. It is very hard to know what to get kids these days. There is so many things they could be in to.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.