Green Days Help with syn free green foods

prettykins

Hi

I know I'm 'not doing the plan properly' etc as I've been absolutely ravenous for the past week. I usually stick to green days because I don't like eating meat really. I've just been so unorganised and too skint to buy lots of ingredients etc, I've been so hungry and been thinking of giving up because I feel like I just can't do it :(
My question is , due to bad/ no planning today, I have had all my hexs and most of my syns. I'm really hungry to the point that my stomach actually hurts, I also have ibs and going hungry seems to make it worse .
Anyway , what can I have that's syn free? I know everyone says fill up on free food but I can't eat a jacket potato with nothing on it, or plain pasta on its own, and fruit really doesn't work for me.
I'm doing Sw because I've done it on and off for so long, but the last time i actually really got into it was 10 years ago when I got down to 9.5 stone. I'm now 12st 5, so want to lose about 3 stone.
Sorry for the whining etc, I don't have time to stay to class ever because I'm a single parent so I'm hoping someone can give me some advice.
Thanks xx

:(

How about starting a food diary on here so other's can give advice on what you are eating?
There is plenty of free food on green that you can eat.
You said you can't eat a jacket potato on its own. You could eat it with baked beans that are free. Or with cottage cheese (a lot of varieties are free)
A tin of chopped tomatoes makes a quick (and cheap) pasta sauce. I heat the chopped tomatoes and add some onion, pepper, garlic, chilli flakes and seasoning. I also use this as a sauce for rice.
Something else that you could make is cous cous and mix in some roasted veg. Or keep some hard boiled eggs in the fridge.
Other free food you could eat would be mullerlights, low fat supernoodles and mugshots (not all are, I never eat them so am not sure which are free). I like to make sweet potato wedges but these aren't quick to make.

Why not have a browse through some of the food diaries to see what others are eating?

You've done it before and know you can do it!! Don't give up!!

Jacket potato, cook up a couple of tomatoes & some onion.
Mug shots - as long as it says 1% they are free.
Pasta in sauce, someof them are free. Tesco do one it is Pasta in tomato & onion sauce. I doput a little bit of mixed herbs in it. The everyday one is 17p.

One of the girls on here does nearly all green
She boils some rice and in the morning puts some fruit in it, frozen fruit sometimes. She does the same with cous cous,

How about soup, potato & sweetcorn is nice and quite thick. 1 good size spud, 1 onion, & a large tin of the cheapest sweetcorn. Put 3 chicken stock cubes or vegetable stock cubes in 1 litre of boiling water, put everything in pan and bring to the boil. Simmer until all soft then blitz it. Will need a some S&P.

I will keep looking at your thread, as Ally says, put on here what you are or want to eat and you will be given suggestions etc.

Just basic like mashed spuds and peas, or beans, or tinned spaghetti. Sometimes depends on your budget.

Good eating

Doreen

Thanks for the replies ladies :)

Hopefully if I get some time to myself tomorrow I'm going to try and plan out some meals and maybe cook some things that I can freeze.
Thanks for the recipe suggestions too I will try experimenting more with jacket pots and am definately going to make that soup. I always end up making carrot soup and it gets a bit boring.
I've been thinking of starting a diary, maybe when I'm a bit more organised , I think that's my downfall at the mo.

Xx

BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP

medium bns cut in pieces not too big About 800g
ltr veg stock knorr or 3 chicken oxo
1 knorr herb stockpot
1 onion finely chopped
3 carrots finely chopped

cook all then blend
-----------------------------------------
LENTIL & CARROT SOUP
i usually do about 60 (ish lol) grams of red lentils, 1 litre of water and 1.5 or 2 ham stock cubes (could use any i guess but i like the ham ones) 1 or 2 big carrots and onion and that's it...i grate my carrot so that it's done quicker and blitz it..easy peasy.
i tend not to season mines much but do sometimes add a wee drop pepper..suit to your own taste tho.... x

Just a couple more that I have got off site and made.

The Potato & sweetcorn one I Put curry powder in when I warm up a portion. I sometimes put in the butternut squash one a 1/4 tspn of chiili flakes.

Enjoy

One of my favourite jacket spud fillings is yellow and red peppers, sliced mushrooms and red onion all fried together in frylight with some plain (syn free) cottage cheese on top.

There are a lot of basics which are reasonably priced & filling, potatoes, pasta, rice, you could just add veggies to them, carrots are always cheap, as are frozen petite pois, sweetcorn, cauli & broccoli.

Are you eating enough a meal times to be so hungry later in the day.

You could save your hexb's for supper or snacks. I like the Ryvita wholemeal crackerbreads, you get 6 for hexb & they seem to go on for ages & I find them filling.

Do get yourself a diary, as well as having people give you help when needed it will also help you keep on track;)

Back