Help with Syns please....... anyone.?

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by debbywebby1970, 19 May 2009.

1. debbywebby1970

debbywebby1970 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone.
    Can someone tell me how to calculate syns.? I dont go to a group.... and I have found something and would like to know how good or bad it is please.?
    They are veggie burgers, and are made by a company you dont get in UK, only here in Ireland so thats why I cant look it up in my book.
    100g - 154cals, 6g fat, 0.6g saturated fat, and
    57g (per burger) - 88cals, 3.4g fat, 0.3g saturated fat.
    Was going to have one of these in a HEB roll for lunch..... thanks in advance everyone.... x x x x
  2. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Well-Known Member

hey, in order for me to calculate it for you i need the kcals, fat, protien and carbs for 100g worth :) xxx
  3. debbywebby1970

Hi Fern
    OK thanks so much for this...
    100g - 154 cals, 17g protein, 8g carbs, 6g fat, 0.6g saturated fat
  4. jaylou

jaylou Well-Known Member

Debs, who makes these? We may be able to find them on the SW site?
  5. jaylou

jaylou Well-Known Member

I've just put this info into the syns calculator and used the "vegetarian products" free food option as I guess they have vegetables in??
    They come out at 1/2 syn per burger but I'm not sure how correct this is. Without using the free food option they come out at 4 1/2 syns each.
  6. debbywebby1970

They are made by a supermarket here in ireland called Dunnes so thats why I couldnt look them up in my food directory.
  7. paperclip

paperclip Well-Known Member

Comes up as 4.5 syns per burger for me too but what's the first ingredient on the list - that would probably help get a more accurate result than the vegetarian products option...
  8. debbywebby1970

Im surprsed they are so high as they are Veggie burgers... full of veg. ! ! ! ah well.... looks like I need to rethink lunch. ! ! ! ! lol
    Thanks for your efforts though.