HELP...work dinner tonite

Damn, first attempt disappeared.

So again, but in brief. In an emergency situation what is the better food group to eat to do the least damage to the LT programme please?

Protein only, chicken or white fish but it will depend on how it is cooked too. If it's got fats in it and carbs then you will come out of ketosis. Green salad is ok, no tomatoes or dressings, just lettuce and cucmber if you want to stay in ketosis.

Why you asking have you got to go out and eat?

Well Stinkybreath, I haven't yet started LT as I wanted xmas blah blah out the way, and then had the associated work stuff, and to be honest I was reading up more and have been mentally preparing. Got delayed by the chemist a little, and now have a start day of next week. Have a special trip to London tomorrow to see a friend over from Africa, so couldn't really start this week.

Anyhow, I have a bloke date lined up for Tuesday (second date) and I've already thought how to get around third date (I'll drive). But Valentines is coming up and to be honest I don't want to put off my LT start day yet again - but I also want to see how it goes with this new chap. So it's more 'in an emergency situation'.

I do understand what it will mean in LT terms, but feel it would be better not to delay again.

Yes if you really really really cannot get out of a situation and have to eat then protein and green salad is the only way to go - just dont let it become a habit.

/ducks waiting for them that will argue that you dont have to eat !!! lol

Well done eyekandi on getting through that lunch. :)
I think it is really important to remember that everyone needs to find their own way through this. For some that means telling everyone for others telling no-one. Each of us is dieting for ourselves and we have all probably sabotaged many weight loss attempts in the past, so I think it is important we find our own way through.

In terms of eating - small piece of plain chicken, fish and a green salad should not bring you out of ketosis or greatly effect your weight loss on LT. Indeed other VLCD include a similar meal every so often. The biggest danger of eating the meal is thinking that you can "get away with it" and then trying it more often and then adding a little bit of something else and so on... (bet you can tell I've done this plenty of times! :rolleyes:)

LT is a very strict diet with limited shake/ soup/bar choices to enable you to retrain your mind and body out of existing food habits, the maintenance retrains you into good habits.
If you feel that the best way for you to deal with social situations is to order a green salad, then make a decision and stick to it, if you can cope without, then fine. Either way no one should feel guilty about making decisions that effect them only.:)

Phew - I'm in a preachy mood today - I'd better get off here!
Well done everyone on their amazing losses so far - and don't forget each of you is an inspiration :)

Last edited:
Thank you Nicki that was really helpful for me. I have told a couple of close work colleagues and they (even before I have started) are supportive. However, I know that I don't want to have to tell a new chap on a second date that 'I don't eat food right now!'. You are right I am doing this for me and I don't actually want to be discussing this in a random way. Chances are the chap would either think me a) odd b) silly cos he fancies me and how I look now c) to tricky to navigate 'date wise'. But it's such early stages so will see how it goes.

Thank you again for your thoughts - it's helps enormously x

Back