Green Days Help

honey3

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site so still trying to work my way around, only started diet today but will mainly be doing the green days as dont eat a lot of meat do you know if the diet works aswell only doing green days any advice would be great.:p

Firstly hello! and welcome on board!! In answer to your question, yes 100% Green days do work - there are plenty of members on here who are vegetarians and managing very impressive weight losses. You said you dont a lot of meat - have you had a look at the Extra Easy plan? Might be worth thinking about for the days you do eat meat - just means you dont have to worry about weighing your meat / pasta to go along with your meal (i.e. spag bol etc.) as it can be hard to 'guestimate' the weight of the meat if it is part of a bigger dish or a batch meal.

Anyway - all the best!! There are lots of friendly faces on here willing to give lots of advice and help along the way

x

Yes, it sure does - if you are a vegetarian it's the only option you have! Obviously variety is key so make sure you don't eat the same foods each day.
ALL the plans work well if followed correctly. Good luck and welcome along!

Thank you so much for the replys really looking forward to getting stuck into this diet will keep you updated on my weight loss

I lost 3.5 stone doing 90% green days and as has been said - it's all vegetarians can do anyway and seem to have good losses. I think the secret is, as jaylou said, is to still mix it up a bit when you can - and eating meat will help that. Try to vary your HE's as much as possible :D

If you need any help this is the right place to be..
I was doing a mixture of green, original and extra easy days throughout the week, but was very bloated and the weight loss wasn't very good..I have changed not to solely extra easy and it seems to be working so far..
Green days were my favourite though, as I love pasta and rice...

Good luck and keep us posted with your progress

Hiya

I have been on SW 4 weeks (4th weigh in this evening woohoo), so far I have lost 13.75lbs - that's in 3 weeks, and I expect to blast through the stone barrier this evening with perhaps a loss of about 3lbs.

I have ONLY done green days since I began.

Some people swear that green days are better, some say red are, and some say the key is to mix it up!

I think the key is to just do whatever do you want, which for you will no doubt be mainly green.

Just bear in mind that if you ever do want a change, red days and extra easy are there for you if you fancy it :)

Best of luck!

Hi, I have only been doing SW for a week and have done only green days, I had my first weigh in today and I have lost 5.5lbs and it was my totm! Green days rock!

I'm veggie and therefore only do green as you can see I've had good losses

It definitely varies from one person to the next Hun, so if I were you, give it a try and see how you get on...you never know until you do!
Welcome on board and good luck!

welcome to the forums,

I do most green as well, however I try to have a red day when it is WI as it is lighter on the stomack where as green food is more stoddy :)

Thanks so much for all the replys little bit disappointed today have put on 2 pounds in 1 day but will keep going and hope its just a change of diet just feel a bit bloated doing the green day but not a lot I can do as i dont eat much meat i will keep you all posted and stay on here for inspiration.

For goodness sake step away from the scales. Your body weight can naturally fluctuate by several pounds from one day to the next and even over the course of a single day by up to 4lbs. So weighing yourself daily does you no favours. As you've found, if it shows a gain you feel crap and will be more likely to go off plan because "after all what does it matter if you've already gained". Weigh in once a week only, and only at class if you're a member.

By the way your body will adjust and get used to your green days if you do them regularly. Drinks lots of water and try some peppermint tea and that should help.

For goodness sake step away from the scales. Your body weight can naturally fluctuate by several pounds from one day to the next and even over the course of a single day by up to 4lbs. So weighing yourself daily does you no favours. As you've found, if it shows a gain you feel crap and will be more likely to go off plan because "after all what does it matter if you've already gained". Weigh in once a week only, and only at class if you're a member.

I agree do not weigh yourself every day just do it at class or once a week otherwise you will become obsessed. Good luck. :D

I am a green day girl!
I bought the green day SW cookbook and it's great.
I love to cook anyway, so it's the highlight of my day getting home from the office and cooking a sin free meal! Lol :D

Back