Help...

eilidhsmummy

I cant remember how many times i have fallen off the wagon but this has to be the worst ever, i am back at the weight i was after i had my daughter 3 yrs ago.

Like many others i know that i can do it and it works as i have been as low as 15st5lbs! so rather gutted that it is all back on, i want to blame my depression for this but i really cant, been on a rollercoaster with 5 different tablets in just over 1yr, i have asked my gp about orlistat to help me gain some confidence and was told that he doesnt agree with it as it is a false loss.

I am a stay at home mum with a beautiful 3yr old daughter who keeps me on my toes, and a husband (could do with loosing weight too) who is extremly fussy eater and is fed up with diet food, so been trying to do online shopping with him and going thru the syn online to work out syns for each meal!

The truth it is all in organisation which is something i have been lacking recently but has to rear its head back into my life and fast!

thinking about going on my own, although i love my consultant and she isnt worried about me a she knows that i know what i am doing! so may go to boots every thursday for the next few months til cash gets better! (may be 2yrs thanks to the budget!) lol

laura x

Your head has to be in the right place hun, going to a group or going it alone, if your head isn't right then you won't lose any weight.

You really seem to want to do it, like you said, being organised is the key and you CAN do it, if you really want this.

Personally I couldn't do this without a group, I also know exactly what I'm doing, I've done this for so long, but without the weekly support of a group (all of them, not just the consultant) and the threat of standing of those scales, I would not lose or maintain my weight loss.

It's up to you but if you are struggling now whilst going to a group, do you think you will be able to manage on your own?

You say your husband is fed up of diet food, what is "diet food" about SW meals? It's not like he's living on lettuce and celery is it? What does he want to eat? Most things can be adapted - my daughter is pretty fussy but we manage to eat most of the same meals, I just omit onion in her sauces or blend them up to hide the veg! The world is your cooking oyster with SW.

Whatever you decide, good luck but in my opinion, to go it alone you need to be even more focused than if you go to a group!

Don't worry, all is not lost. You know you CAN do it, so hop back on the wagon and start afresh.

I have to wonder what you were cooking for him not to like 'diet' food. My hubby LOVES the food I cook, and to be honest some of it tases better than the fat version. Have a look in the recipes section there are some wonderful meals in there, and they don't taste diet at all. Think about his favourite recipes, and then think how you can adapt them to be SW friendly.

There's also a student section on the SW site with cheap meals if money is a problem (gotta love the budget!)

There are lots of people who go it alone, and do very well, but you need to have will power (one of the reasons I can't do it alone, I NEED to have the incentive of knowing I have to weigh in in front of people), but everyone's different and if you are good to do it from home, then good luck.

We are all here for you.

At the moment you feel you're not doing to well because you're not planning. But you are taking the time to sit down with OH & do online shopping & work out syns! This must be time consuming.

You could take a look at the recipes on here for inspiration, I also wonder what you have been feeding OH if he is sick of 'diet food'. For tea last night we had pork curry, not what I'd call diet food;)

You could tell us what he likes to eat & we can come up with a SW friendly version.

Good luck, you can do this :D

he is just really fussy, he has done the dreaded atkins in the past and loved it!

i dont think that we have been eating alot of diet food, in the past i have been so strict but tried to be less strict this time, he has a really sweet tooth and thinks nothing of eating a huge bar of chocolate.

i have been looking at lots of different ways to use jars for cooking but with low syns for favourite meals, as he thinks things are bland and he hates steam fresh veg!

he hates pasta, tomatoes, beans, quorn anything healthy basically

laura x

I do it at home and use the website. I don't have time for class with work etc. I prefer going alone and don't have problems with it.I find class harder especially as my consultant wasn't too friendly.The magazine may be helpful with planned menus for you.My hubby is like yours. Doesnt like tomato based anything so have to disguise it in sauces etc. Anything he thinks is healthy will have butter/sauces added to it just because he thinks its diet food.Unless your other half is like that I dont think you can understand how awkward it can be. Someone said curry isnt diet food but if my dh thinks its tomato based then as far as heis concerned it is diet food so I have to prepare it in advance ,add extra stock to disguise the tomato taste and take a jar I hide in the cupboard ,put some sauce over the inside and leave it in the kitchen to fox him.Sounds orrid but hes great with everything else apart from the concept of diets.If I can do it so can you. Your welcome to mail me if it helps cos we sound like we have similar probs.Anyway you've done the worst part which is coming back so welcome and good luck xx:girlpower::welcome::17729::clap:

Heya

I felt exactly the same before re-joining, I got right down to 11st and went all the way back upto 17st 10lbs, massive huge difference in every aspect of my life, and like you, my bloke also is carrying a little too much junk in the trunk hehe.

Maybe go for planning your meals 2 days at a time, thats what I've been doing lately. Been going red, green, red etc. I've dumped extra easy because I felt out of control on it, but if you have a little one to cook for too who needs balanced meals then maybe try a bit of all three, but planning reeallly is the be all and end all I find.

I tried it alone for a few weeks, 5 to be exact since having my little boy Eddie who's 4 and a half months old, and only lost 2lb without attending group, but its as has been said above if you're confident that you can do this alone, using say this website etc (theres also a group on facebook thats lovely) for support then lets go!

You can do it xxxxxxx :):D;)

i have to do it this time, i usually stick to extra easy, found it easier with a family and easier if friends come over, loving the idea of the jar, since he doesnt get in till about 4pm, i can try to have things cooked during the day and start using my slow cooker again!

found the schwartz flavourful mixes beautiful and dont need oil if in the slow cooker.

i'm lucky my daughter eats everything in sight esp fruit!

Back