Extra Easy help!

Amy2249

Silver Member
Hello everyone, a quick question regarding EE; I have stuck to EE since starting SW but just wondering about the 1/3 of superfree food. For lunch I will normally have something like tuna pasta salad and fruit after and I keep reading that the 1/3 superfree food for each meal has to be on the plate, so does the fruit count..... Probably a silly question but I'm starting to worry that I have been doing the diet wrong.

The fruit will count yes but so will your salad :) I believe that some of the thinking behind it is to reduce your portions of carbs and meat/fish etc and so the one third veg on your plate actually helps you to do that. Sometimes it's difficult with things like breakfasts to get the third in with the meal so it seems to be generally accepted that you can have fruit after cereal say but you'd be expected to have beans, mushrooms and tomatoes on the same plate as your omelette. Re-reading that it sounds overly complicated! Hope it makes sense :)

Thank you, that does make sense as I do have beans with my tuna jacket potatoe and some salad. Just worried as I realised the only superfree foods I have ate today is fruit and some beans.

Oh great, now I am really confused. So today I have had only fruit as superfree... and that was as snacks. Is this going to ruin my EE day? I have WI tomorrow :cry:

I wrote exactly the same post a couple of days ago (damn that 1/3) but someone (Circes I think) explained that as long as there is veg in your meal that should cover it. \she explains it much better than me if u can find my post.
xx

Hi Amy - good luck with the weigh-in today!

This thread lists them but basically these are the most common things that are NOT superfree

Potatoes, peas, sweetcorn, broad beans, pulses such as kidney beans, tinned or dried fruit, avocado, sweet potatoes, parsnips

Back