Help!

Monkey_Monkey_Underpants

Not quite normal
I'm at a pretty deadly NHS Finance conference today.
Need to stay awake/alive!

Who can provide me with interest / entertainment / amusement to get me through the day?

play conferance bingo, pick a load of buzz words that you just know will come up and mark them off once they are said. if you have a partner in crime get him/her to do a list too and see who gets all there words first:D

always works for me :D:D

Or if you're expected to join in make up some buzz words/catch phrases of your own! Start a theme and use as many words in that theme. Maybe song titles/lyrics, like ' it's easy if you try', 'you've got to have a dream', 'I was just sitting here thinking' 'just one look', 'it's now or never', 'in the year 2525'
Ok the last one may be a tad hard!

Thanks everyone. It wouldn't have worked with the standard Management Speak Bingo - but being the NHS, it was packed full of acronyms, so I collected them. I think I made it to 27!

NHS, SLA, PCT, CCG, NHFT, PFI, NC, NPFIT, VAT, NI, CF, EBITDA, DOH, SHA, GP, SBS, ...

Some of them are obvious to absolutely everybody, but some I didn't know, didn't get any explanation for, and was too comatose to ask, so I still have no idea. Great, eh?

Oh well.

... OK, WTH, TTFN!

I've got a meeting this afternoon a repeat of the one held a month ago no doubt! I've baked a Victoria sponge though!

:D i work for the NHS so thats how i know bingo works :D

got to love those buzz words and acronyms.

hannah i agree with you about drugs, the watage in hospitals is appaling and i am always frustrated by how many people don't bring there meds in when admitted cos think we should just resupply !!!!

drug budget is massive xx

JimofTroy said:
Thanks everyone. It wouldn't have worked with the standard Management Speak Bingo - but being the NHS, it was packed full of acronyms, so I collected them. I think I made it to 27!

NHS, SLA, PCT, CCG, NHFT, PFI, NC, NPFIT, VAT, NI, CF, EBITDA, DOH, SHA, GP, SBS, ...

Some of them are obvious to absolutely everybody, but some I didn't know, didn't get any explanation for, and was too comatose to ask, so I still have no idea. Great, eh?

Oh well.

... OK, WTH, TTFN!

NHS= No Happy Staff
SLA = ???
PCT= Patients Cause Trouble
CCG= Cancelled Care Giving
NHFT= No Help For Them

Back