Help!

excitableequine

This is so hard for me to say...but I'm out of control tonight. I've gone through enough chocolate to cause Cadbury a famine and I can't seem to stop either. It's been going so well, usually without too many problems, but tonight my head seems to have flipped and made me crave like I've never craved before. I'm usually hungrier at night, so leave my syns till 8 or 9pm, but I've gone waaay over tonight. :cry:

It may be coming up to * week, but I'm never that bothered hormonally by that. I want to stop this binge NOW but my hands keep disobeying me.

I really don't want to undo all the work I've put into the last 3 weeks.

Has anyone else suffered from severe lack of self control in the evening? How did/do you deal with it? I'd really appreciate some experienced advice!

P.S. It's actually helped to scream that out loud! *breathes*

It's too late to worry about all the chocolate you've eaten now.

Why don't you add up how many syns you've had so far & just have less until WI.

I treat myself to wine & chocs on a Saturday night & can have approx 40syns in one night, but I don't let it bother me I just have less during the week:D

*hugs* Have you got any food in that's free and will satisfy the cravings? I find that nowadays I can beat the binge monster with some nice stodgy SW food - something like a big microwaved baked potato and beans, or a plate of pasta with a simple tomato sauce and maybe a hexa of cheese.

I think the most important thing right now is to get the binge under control, then just draw a line under the chocolate consumption - you can't do anything about it now. Then tomorrow you can wake up, it's a fresh day, and you can be 100% for the rest of the week - you'll feel so much better once you're on track once more :)

how you feeling this morning?

just draw a line under it, take a deep breath and get straight back on plan. Count the syns you ate and count it as a flexi day.

I had a lightbulb moment by doing that, ate macdonalds and other stuff one day to the tune of 66 syns!!!!!

we all have days like that, but its only one day, keep calm and carry on as they say!

good luck xx

I did this with Chinese food the other night - not so good when I'm trying to get back into target!

Like other people have said, draw a line under it, and just cut down on your syns a little in the week - so if you use 10 syns a day normally maybe trying having just 5?

I think we all do this sometimes sweetie. I've eaten my weight in choccie a few times. The important thing is whats done is done, pop it in the past and move on straight away. Don't beat yourself up about it, don't dwell on it, draw the line immediately that way you limit the damage. I used to think oh who cares i've blown it this week anyway, but you haven't you had a blip, okay a big blip but I promise you sweetie you are not the first to have one and sure won't be the last :bighug:

One thing I noticed and this is my opinion and just something i've noticed sets off these cravings for me and thats diet drinks or too much sweetner. just a thought, as I had this happen to me earlier this week xxxxx

Thanks everybody :)

I'm feeling lots better today, I think getting to the end of a stressful week meant I was completely shattered and my willpower just snapped! After posting, I rushed off to bed with a couple of crosswords and some nice music. It worked, because within 20 minutes I was fast asleep and dreaming of chocolate instead of stuffing my face with it!

Some of your ideas are fantastic. Who-la-hoop, I love the idea of using stodgy stuff, that's going to be my first tactic when the binge monster strikes again :)

I think I will flexi-syn it. That way I don't feel too guilty, and it won't impact on the rest of the week.

Sweetners might be a problem too, I use them in coffee particularly. It may be worth trying to restrict them to see if they make a difference.

Again, thanks. You've really, really helped!

Sorry i missed this post..i suffered crisp binge yesterday of 54 syns or equivalent 9 bags of crisp..theyre my problem. I knew it was wrong on my first day, but lost control..got some advice on here which was sound about not dwelling on it. We are human and food is not something we can give up, we just learn with time how to handle the cravings..one day i hope i can turn my nose up at crisps...wish you all the luck you need..you are not alone... :)

I had a night out, so plenty of alcohol, and of course today, when in the throes of my hangover, I wolfed down a KFC :( I did eat two tubs of the beans first to fill up on, ate the chicken but not the chips.

Ugh, the things we do to ourselves! Back on plan tomorrow, for me! Bigtime!

I hope you get yourself back on the straight and narrow, as it were, and can resist the chocolate next time!

Mandy, your state of mind is amazing! Honestly, if I was hungover I'd go straight for the KFC chicken and chips and screw the beans! I know you're probably thinking that eating it was a 'failure' but it sounds to me more like a success! Obviously, it's not something to do every day, but just resisting like you did shows true strength :)

I had a much better night last night. I still had 15 syns, but I spaced them out over the entire day so I didn't get to the evening and think 'Wow, 15 whole syns!' and devour 15 stones of chocolate rather than 15 syns!

Today I'm abandoning sweetener. I've just had my first coffee sans sweetness...it wasn't that bad!

I find the 2 finger Kitkats are a life saver. Only 5 syns per bar! So in the evenings I'll sit down and have one of those with a pack of crisps or if I'm in a chocolatey mood, another Kitkat!

SW stodge is the way to go! Smash pizza or a big plate of SW chips with a HExA cheese melted over the top - amazing! They feel like you're being naughty when you're not!

I'm not too sure what to suggest if you have a sweet tooth, I'm more on the savoury side of things.

As others have said, what was eaten was eaten so start again new. If you need a boost re-read the books, read slimming success stories about people your height, or weight or with the same issues. You can do it! Hope everything has improved for you! xxx

I can totally relate to this.

In the past week I've had a large mcdonalds meal, chicken kebab, crisps, chocolate, 2x greggs pasties, an indian takeaway, too much white bread, and far too much alcohol :confused:

I don't know what's happened to me this week, but I've fallen completely off the wagon. I've woken up now, and have realised I need to give myself a kick up the backside and get right back on plan. Dreading weigh in tomorrow, but planning a long walk and an hour or so on the wii tonight to hopefully undo a tiny bit of damage.

The main thing is that you enjoyed it at the time, and are now getting to grips with getting back on plan. I'm sure you'll be fine. Besides, it's just one week. What goes on this week will come off next, without a doubt. Good luck, and try not to worry too much xx

Back