Help!

Nickysarah

Just got back from the meeting, and very annoyed that I only maintained my weight when I was adamant I would have lost at least half a pound and I have been sooooo good this week!

I have 6 and 1/2 pounds to lose to reach my target and I know they say that's the hardest time to get it off, but I need some help please :) I need to know why I am only maintaining my weight and not losing, so I welcome any comments and help to get me to my goal!

Here is today's menu:

Breakfast: Alpen cereal (HEB) and skimmed milk (HEA) and a banana (F), and cup of tea (used milk from HEA)

Lunch: Heinz Baked Beans and Saucy Bangers 415g tin 8 syns 1/2 grapefruit (F)

Dinner - Asda Giant Cous Cous - Mediterranean flavour 1 syn
Muller light Cherry (F)

Please help :) xxx

I've only just started on SW, so can't give you much advice, but I just thought I'd bump this for you.

Thank you!
I do think that logging everything down does really help and makes you stick to it! So here is mine for today:

Breakfast: 30g Bran Flakes (HEB) and milk (HEA)

Lunch: Asda Smart Price Golden Vegetable Savoury Rice (1/2 syn)

Dinner: "Grape and Chicken Salad"
Chicken breast (F) served with Spinach Leaves (F) and grapes (F) coated in 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (1/2 syn) and 1/2 tsp clear honey (1/2 syn)

For dessert I am having loads of fresh fruit: banana, grapes, kiwi and grapefruit (all free) all chopped up with a cherry muller light on top (F) plus to use up my syns I have made some homemade "Mini Meringues" which are 3 syns each so having 2 of these.
Here is the recipe if anyone would like them:

Nicky's Mini Meringues! Makes about 12 at 3 syns each
Preheat the oven to 130C.
Mix together 100g caster sugar and 75g icing sugar.
Put 3 egg whites in a clean bowl and whisk until they form stiff peaks.
Add the sugar mixture one spoonful at a time, whisking until stiff again between each spoonful.
Spoon the mixture into a piping bag/or freezer bag and cut the corner to make a hole.
Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and pipe little meringues to make blobs with peaks at the top.
Bake in the oven for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.

These keep for ages in an airtight container and are perfect to have to get rid of that "sweet" craving :)
Would love to know any comments from people who try these!! They are yummy x

Here is my Extra Easy diary for today:

Breakfast: Fresh Fruit salad (F) - Banana, grapes, grapefruit and kiwi all chopped up and topped with an Activia 0% fat free peach yoghurt (1/2 syn)

Lunch: 2 slices of Nimble Bread (HEB) with marmite (F) and dairylea

Dinner: Halloumi Kebabs: Place pepper (F) and onion (F) chopped up on skewers with chopped Halloumi (75g = 9 syns) and grill for 5-10 minutes, served with lots of free salad, YUMMY!!

Total syns: 9 1/2

Hey, have you tried a couple of red days? Or doing a bit extra exercise, or maybe doing a few days with lower syns? Just to get the scales moving. Might be worth a try :)

Hey, your food looks good but I guess as you have a smaller amount to loose it will be a bit slow.. I find adding extra veg to meals and drinking LOTS of water give me better losses x

Hey, have you tried a couple of red days? Or doing a bit extra exercise, or maybe doing a few days with lower syns? Just to get the scales moving. Might be worth a try :)

Hello!
I have only done extra easy days because that's all I know and been taught since the beginning so wouldn't know where to start!!
xxx

Hey, your food looks good but I guess as you have a smaller amount to loose it will be a bit slow.. I find adding extra veg to meals and drinking LOTS of water give me better losses x

Hey,
Yes I do expect it to be a slow weight loss as I only have a little bit extra to lose, after talking to some colleagues I don't think I am eating enough, but not sure what else to eat that is syn free?!
I think I will start eating more vegetables, and again drinking more water, the only thing with that is being on the toilet all day!!! x

Anyway here is my meal plan for today:

Breakfast: 35g Bran Flakes (HEB) and skimmed milk (HEA) and a banana

Lunch: Batchelors Chicken Cup a Pasta (1 syn) and a Activia 0% Fat Free Raspberry Snack Pot (F)

Dinner: Steak (F) Slimming World Chips (F) Peas (F) served with half a packet of Schwartz Creamy Mild Peppercorn Sauce (3 syns) 2 tbsp tomato ketchup (2 syns)

Dessert: Lots of fresh Kiwi (F) and grapes (F) with 2 of my homemade meringues (3 syns) (I made them smaller so made 24 to take them down to 1 1/2 syns each)

Total syns 9

I know I shouldn't, but I weighed myself this morning on my scales and was pleased to see I have lost a pound, so hoping I can keep that off and maybe lose a bit more before class on Tuesday morning. This has given me the determination to stick to it!
Here is my food diary for today:

Breakfast: 30g Nestle Curiously Cinnamon (5 syns) and milk (HEA)

Lunch: 2 slices Hovis Nimble Bread (HEB) egg (F) and 1 tbsp light mayonnaise (2 syns) plus homemade houmous which is 200g canned chickpeas (F) 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (F) 2 crushed garlic cloves (F) 1 tsp ground cumin (F) 4 tbsp water all blitzed together and served with celery and carrot (F)

Dinner: Salmon and Spring Onion Mash (F)
Recipe: Mix together zest and juice of 1 lime and light soy sauce, season and pour over salmon and leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
Boil potatoes and once cooked mash with 1 crushed garlic clove, spring onions and 100ml chicken stock. Keep warm
Griddle salmon and serve with mash and free veg :-D

Well done on the loss :) I am not weighing till next week am going to try and stay off the scales but feel slimmer so really want to check!
Your food still looks really good, I have been awful today am back on the straight and narrow now tho. I have been drinking a lot of water ( have been in the loo a lot) :)

Well done on the loss :) I am not weighing till next week am going to try and stay off the scales but feel slimmer so really want to check!
Your food still looks really good, I have been awful today am back on the straight and narrow now tho. I have been drinking a lot of water ( have been in the loo a lot) :)

Thank you! I am hoping it stays that way for the meeting tomorrow morning! I have never stayed to a meeting, only ever got weighed and then left, so as tomorrow I have a day off my friend and I have said we will stay to hopefully give us a boost!
I drank so much water yesterday too and again like you was on the toilet constantly but I do feel better for it so today will keep a big 1 litre bottle on my desk and try have at least 1 and half bottles, my colleagues will think I have a problem always popping to the toilet!!
I love writing down my food on here it really does help me keep on track as I don't have things with hidden syns i didn't realise!
So here is todays:

Breakfast: 35g Bran Flakes (HEB) and skimmed milk (HEA) and a banana

Lunch: Jacket Potato (F) with tinned "Stagg Chili Con Carne, Silverado Beef, Less Than 5% Fat, canned, 410g can " (5 1/2 syns)

Dinner: Mushroom and Bacon Pasta (F)
Pasta mixed with wilted baby spinach, bacon, and onion

Dessert: Fresh kiwi's with 2 of my mini meringues (3 syns)

Total syns: 8 1/2

Hello everyone!
I'm feeling great, after weeks of staying the same I went to meeting yesterday and finally lost a pound! So 5 and 1/2 pounds to go until target!! I do think that the reason is because of the amount of water I am drinking, that is probably the only difference so I am keep to drinking lots of water even if it does mean spending more time on the toilet!!!!!

Right here is my food diary for today:

Breakfast - 35g Bran Flakes (HEB) and skimmed milk (HEA) with a banana

Lunch - 100g Sainsburys Spinach & Ricotta Tortelloni (4 1/2 syns) and an Activia Snackpot Banoffee Pie yoghurt (1 syn)

Dinner - Roast Chicken with slimming world Roast potatoes and carrots and peas - All free

Dessert - Fresh Fruit salad

I need some ideas on what to have for dinner tonight!
I need something that will be yummy and not high in syns!

Today I have had:
Breakfast - Fresh fruit salad (F) with an Activia Snackpot Fat Free Yogurt, Berry & Apple Crumble, Limited Edition , 155g pot (1 syn)
Lunch - 2 pieces hovis Nimble bread (HEB) with lettuce and chicken inside (F) with a packet of walkers prawn cocktail crisps (6 1/2 syns)

Dinner.....?????

Need something yummy as I am craving everything I am not aloud!
Thanks xxx

After meeting today I'm feeling really low.....I have put on 1 and 1/2 pounds! I stuck to the plan completely and have even started exercising which I never do! I did a spin class yesterday which I loved - yes it was hard work but I hate my thighs and legs and heard it was best to tone them up, and I also went swimming in the week too. So after exercising I have put on weight! I know muscle is heaver than fat and all that jazz but surely that couldn't of made that much difference!? Grrrrr

Hello!
Well I am really into fitness mood now, I have come to realise that my last half a stone won't just fall off by eating to the plan, I need to exercise. So as of this week I have started, like I said yesterday I did a spin class on Monday which was 45 minutes of intense cycling non stop! And I have just got back from doing 20 lengths in the swimming pool, so I am feeling good! Going to have 2 days off and Saturday morning another spin class, so hopefully help tone myself up for my honeymoon in 10 weeks!! And help get the last half a stone off :)

Here is todays menu:

Breakfast: 35g Bran Flakes (HEB) and skimmed milk (HEA)

Lunch: Tomatoes (F) and Light Mozzarella - 25g (3 syns) a weight watchers Dessert Recipe Yogurt, Lemon Cheesecake (F), banana (F) and satsuma (F)

Dinner: Tesco Garlic Chicken (6 syns) loads of free slimming world chips and baked beans mmmmm!

Hello!
Right so here is my food diary for today:

Breakfast: Activia 0% Fat Free Vanilla yoghurt (F) and a Peanut Heaven Deluxe HiFi bar (HEB) And a cup of tea with milk (HEA)

Lunch: Pasta (F) Sweetcorn (F) Red Onion (F) Tuna (F) Light salad cream 1 tbsp (2 syns)

Dinner: Pork loin with 1 tsp Dijon Mustard ontop (1 syn) served with green beans and shallots.

It doesn't look like alot but im actually quite full up! Might have some fruit later on if i get peckish :)

Back