Help....

JoannaS

I've gone off the shakes, I can't face drinking another one of them. The thought of drinking one makes me feel sick. I don't like the flapjacks and the pharmacy didn't have any soup after she gave me out of date soups last week.

Last edited:
Oh dear :( have you tried them with loads of ice and then through a straw?? I can't stand them any other way myself. How far along are you?

Hi

I'm exactly the same as Kay...chocolate shake only, with ice and through a straw. I also find making them weaker than stated on the bag and making them with 400ml helps me. Takes longer to drink but the consistency is easier to get down!

I'm only on day 3 but did it for 6 weeks 100% just over a year ago...hoping for 12 weeks minimum this time, fingers crossed!

Everyone on here is so supportive though, i read a post earlier about putting coffee and sweetener into chocolate or vanilla shakes, make up as usual then put into microwave for 2mins n drink it as a hot drink...not tried myself yet but it did sound appealing. Give it a try and let us know how you get on.

Good luck and stick with it :)

Hi Hun, I'm the same dont really like the shakes except for the vanilla cold but I mixed the chocolate with a tablespoon of coffee and 200mls of water today then microwaved for 2 mins (got the idea from here) and it was really nice. Like a creamy hot chocolate. It made me feel more positive about continuing which is weird.

I have mine with ice and through a straw too, also made with 400ml of water. I always use my blender to mix too and mix for a good 2 mins so its nice and frothy, to be honest when there like this a love them, hate the soup though and I too received some out of date soups from my chemist :sigh: Good luck chick xxxx

Im weird I like the shakes!!! Hate them hot but have to be cold ,I look at them as medicine 1 drink 3 times a day to make me slim and healthy !!!:p

:) Am i the only person here that has to hold their nose to get those shakes down. I can only do strawberry and do b done in 5 secs i too just think get this down u its ur medicine to make u a skinny biatch :)

Im sorry for the people who don't like the shakes, this diet is hard enough. I've heard a lot of people who don't like them come to like them and love them when there tastes change tho so keep at it :) xxx

I done lipotrim yrs ago and out of all the vlcd these have to b the worst! Why don't u try Cambridge they're nice shakes, I'm doing Exante and I love their shakes so much better than Lipotrim ( also I think lipotrim have a cheek selling their so called bars , they taste more like hessian backed carpet! How could they get this so wrong when the bars on other vlcd's are really quite nice ! X hope this helps

JoannaS said:
I've gone off the shakes, I can't face drinking another one of them. The thought of drinking one makes me feel sick. I don't like the flapjacks and the pharmacy didn't have any soup after she gave me out of date soups last week.

Hi hun i can only stand strawberry so took the rest backed to get changed for strawberry. The others taste like paper to me xx

The lipotrim is designed to be palatable but not moorish, I know a lot of people who have ate the cambridge bars and then end up binging on them. LT is designed to break these habbits and cravings. However, I hate the flapjacks and just stick to milkshakes, but if you're hating these too then maybe you would be better on the cambridge chick xx

Omg. The first week I just tried the Strawberry and Chocolate because I already knew I didn't fancy the vanilla. Week 2 I found the strawberry far too sweet so by week 3 I just had chocolate. Like the others I added ice to a blender and whizzed it for a good few minutes til it was smooth and frothy. But by week 4 I was so sick of the taste of chocolate that I tried the peanut and coconut flapjacks. At first I found them to be really dry and it made me drink even more water. But I feel really comfortable with them. Granted they're no Fox's biscuits. But just to have something to eat for a change. And normally I zone out when I eat so I don't pay much attention to the taste. Plus they're fresh and a lil moist. I always check the dates and make sure my pharmacist has freshly ordered ones because after all I am a paying customer. I think it's outrageous that they would give you out of date soups. Next time find another pharmacy if that ever happens again so you won't have to skip meals.

Good luck with everything :)

Possibly why some people switch to slim and save, more choice and taste nice.

Slim and save is more expensive though isn't it? How much is it a week? xx

emily4amanda said:
Slim and save is more expensive though isn't it? How much is it a week? xx

About 34 a week i think and my lipotrim is 45 a week.

Have a look at slim and saves website x

45??? Mine is only 36! Thanks I think I will have a quick gleb :D xx

Mines £36 a week. Might sound sad but I really love all the shakes and already looking for slimming alternatives for after I finish. Don't want to start with the maintainance shakes as I want to eat normal but healthy meals. Start my refeed on saturday. Never been as exited about a piece of chicken. Going on holiday then back to in June for my last stone and half.

Trust me i know 45 is way to expensive only place i town that does it :( they seem to set there own prices

Back