HELP!

Faybe88

Oh deary deary me! I am rubbish at dieting, I have absolutely no willpower! Will never be slim, and even if I could be slim, i'll never be able to maintain it!!!

I've been doing slimming world now for 7 weeks and only lost 11.5lbs. I should have lost double that, surely! My last weigh in was the 28th December, not getting weighed again until Monday (usually always get weighed on Mondays but obviously with it being NY things got a bit messed up so we didn't weigh in on NYeve)

This week I have eaten ok- most of the time, but then drank quite a lot NYeve then had a takeaway NYday.. And today, I am so tired and lazy, had fish and chips out the freezer and had pancakes with lemon and sugar because i fancied them and feel sorry for myself. This is no good! I need a right royal kick in the bum! Please someone kick me up the bum! :( I will never be slim!

One bad day - draw a line under it and straight back on tomorrow.

Slimming is not easy and anyone who tells you it is has never had a weight problem.

Visualise yourself at your target weight - how do you feel? What can you do now that you couldn't do before?
Everything worth having takes work unfortunatly.

My mother said something to me the other day which struck a chord - being big is hard and dieting is hard, you just need to choose your hard.

Good luck - you can do it!!

You say you've only lost 11.5lbs in 7 weeks.... That's amazing work Hun and some people would be envious to lose that much!

Think of it like this too.....

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
3 pounds = an average human brain
4 pounds = an ostrich egg
5 pounds = a Chihuahua
6 pounds = a human skin
7.5 pounds = an average newborn
8 pounds = a human head
10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
11 pounds = an average housecat
12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
16 pounds = a sperm whale's brain
20 pounds = an automobile tire
23 pounds = amount of ****a an average American eats in a year
24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
25 pounds = an average 2 year old
30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
33 pounds = a cinder block
36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
44 pounds = an elephants heart
50 pounds = a small bale of hay
55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
60 pounds = an elephants penis
66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
70 pounds = an Irish Setter
77 pounds = a gold brick
80 pounds = the Worlds Largest Ball of Tape
90 pounds = a newborn calf
100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
117 pounds = an average fashion model (and shes 5'11")
118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
144 pounds = an average adult woman (and shes 5'4½")
150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
187 pounds = an average adult man
200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
300 pounds = an average football lineman
400 pounds = a Welsh pony

current weight: 169.8
i25.gif

Last edited:
:) thanks guys. I have lost the equivilant of an average house cat! I think I'll keep that list, MrsWilsoncroft! I like what your mum said flabtofit, very good way of putting it! I hope that when it gets to weigh in on Monday, i'll get my motivation back!!!

I think that's a great weightloss! You should think of what you have achieved rather than what you haven't. You're doing great, just keep going. My worry used to be the opposite - if I lost it too fast it would just go straight back on - slow and steady is the way to go for me. I know not everyone is the same though. Good luck for your next weigh in.

MrsWilsoncroft - love that list! I've lost the weight of a Chihuahua! Definitely going to keep a copy of it.

Lol - Apparently I found an average human brain over the holiday period. Not sure my OH will agree with that - he thinks it's the other way round! :D

And congratulations on the loss of your cat. I agree with the other advice. Draw a line under your bad day. It's one out of 365 this year. I think you're doing great!

Thanks guys!! Feel a little better after a pep talk! This site is great! Will let you know how I get on Monday! xxxx :)

Oh deary deary me! I am rubbish at dieting, I have absolutely no willpower! Will never be slim, and even if I could be slim, i'll never be able to maintain it!!!

. . . . . . . I will never be slim!

Keep on saying that and it will be true! It's a "self-fulfilling prophecy". Instead of telling yourself what you CAN'T do, tell yourself what you CAN do.

Back