helpppppppp

vickiabd

help pls, i just got to work and realised that i didnt have any food packs with me, and am already feeling a bit dizzy, trying to drink alot of water, am not hungry yet, i dont want to eat something and get out ketosis, pls advice:cry:

if there is no way you can get a food pack, then pop out and get a small amount of pure protein eg a small chicken breast or some ham. It won't kick you out of ketosis.

You must try and keep some packs/ bars in your bag or desk.

Do not get into the habit of relying on protein as an alternative as it turns into the slippery slope.

Hey, don't panic! Try not to eat anything off-programme if you can cope though; drink plenty of water, tea and coffee and if you're really desperate, pop and to a supermarket and see if you can find some of the low salt Marigold vegetable stock powder (with the name starting with b that I can't pronounce or spell, so I'm not going to try!). It's similar to the savoury drinks you can buy from LL and it's ok in an emergency. I really wouldn't advise trying to find some protein food and have that instead of a pack, as the vitamin/mineral content won't be as good. Whatever you decide to do, have all the packs when you get home.
I tend to not have any packs during the day anyway and have them when I get home of an evening - you will cope, I promise!

thank you all, i will try and stick to water for the mean time.

marigold vegetable bouillion

you can only have 2 savoury drinks a day by the way and these also have very little good nutrition in them.

Nothing is as good as your food pack really.

help pls, i just got to work and realised that i didnt have any food packs with me, and am already feeling a bit dizzy, trying to drink alot of water, am not hungry yet, i dont want to eat something and get out ketosis, pls advice:cry:
I never bring food packs with me to work - I save them all for the evening.

JUst be sure to drink lots nad lots of water, that should be sufficient! It keeps you feeling full.

Good luck!! :)

yeah i wud drink tea or coffee put sum sweetners in for a bit or energy, and the caffine shud give ya a boost,xx gud luck iv had to go with out once not great really but youl manage dont over work yourself!!!!!

hi all,

thanks for all your replies, i guess i will stick to water, 6 more hrs to go...it shouldnt be that bad cos i still have energy.....:)

Don't panic vick
Like BL says you aren't actually hungry, it is just the routine you are used to. I frequently went without foodpacks while on abstinence, it was easier than trying find somewhere to quickly mix a shake if I was out for the day. It is easier when you plan it cos you know you won't be having anything, but if you get in the right frame of mind you should be fine.
Just think of the feast you can have tonight.
Try and spread them out as much as poss when you are home though otherwise you will get bloated if you eat them all at once.

Try and keep a bar in your bag all the time and some packs at work, but if you do happen to leave without, next time you will know you can cope without them.

Back