1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Here again!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kymsey, 7 July 2014 Social URL.

1. kymsey

kymsey On a journey !

Hi everyone, been here before but starting again today with slimming world, going alone at home, new friends and support very welcome x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Ponytales

Ponytales Well-Known Member

Hiya, I'm a total newbie. I started again on slimming world a week ago and have already lost 4lb.

I joined slimming world online in May having previously had good loses with WW. Got bored of WW and as my Mum has done well on SW thought I would give it a go. I'm just doing it online at the mo and thinking if I get bored and hit a plateau I can always keep classes "in hand". My head in in the zone so far so just hoping it stays there.

I want to get back into a size 16 dress by September for a friends wedding to save me from having to buy a new outfit:)

4. kymsey

kymsey On a journey !

Hi there, so how much weight would you like to lose then? X

5. 3mercer

3mercer Well-Known Member

Also doing SW from home - although I did go to the group in the past.

PLaces likes this are a big help if you shout around what you would like to do - keeps me on the straight and narrow anyway!

6. kymsey

kymsey On a journey !

Yes this site is a great help, it's gonna be tough but needs to be done!!

7. Ponytales

I'm a size 18 - 20 now (it's been creeping up)

I reckon I'm going to need to lose a stone and a half at the very minimum to get into the dress by mid September so that is my first target.

I then want to be a couple of lb under 13 stone by Christmas to give myself room in case I put a pound or two on, and then get back on it in January. I would like to be 12.7 or less by the time I go on holiday in February.

I'll reassess when I get to 12.7 and set myself a new target.

8. kymsey

kymsey On a journey !

Well good luck and keep me informed of your progress x

9. Ponytales

How about you kymsey? What are you looking to lose? Have you set yourself any targets?

Once I start losing I get som impatient to lose more quickly :-(

10. kymsey

kymsey On a journey !

Hi ponytails, I would like to lose at least 2 1/2 stone by Xmas and maybe more, do you think this is possible? X

11. Ponytales

Definitely. I made a little spreadsheet for my planned weight loss with dates, how much I hope to lose each week and what my weight will be if I hit target. I have put 1 or 2 lb most weeks, with a few sts and based on that I have planned for a loss of 2.5 stones between now and Christmas :)

12. kymsey

kymsey On a journey !

Well that's the same as me!! Fancy doing a weekly weigh in?? Starting this fri? X

13. Ponytales

Let's do it:)

ps notice you are in Birmingham. I work in the city centre :)

14. kymsey

kymsey On a journey !

Oh do you? That's super! City centre about twenty minutes drive or so for me.... After we've lost a some weight we will have to meet up for a celebrationary meal xx

15. Ponytales

Hope you are ready for weigh in tomorrow!

16. kymsey

kymsey On a journey !

Oh yes I'm ready, will report in the morning ?

17. kymsey

kymsey On a journey !

Weigh in. 2lbs off which isn't bad I guess as I started Monday! How about you ponytails? X

18. Ponytales

Hi Kymsey. Sorry I wasn't around on Friday. My little dog died overnight Thursday night/Friday morning so my head was all over the place :'(

Despite that I didn't use it as an excuse to binge on cake which would have been my normal response. I did manage to weigh myself on Friday despite everything and I'm pleased to report 3lb off. That takes me to my half stone off :)

19. kymsey

kymsey On a journey !

Oh I'm so sorry about that it's awful for you, happened to us a few months also so upsetting. Well done you for staying in control you should be proud of yourSelf x

20. Ponytales

Thanks. Had a horrible weekend. I have decided to get another rescue dog so looking at all the poor doggies needing homes is giving me something to concentrate on. OH thinks it's too soon but I need a doggie in my life <3

21. kymsey

kymsey On a journey !

Yes you do you need something to focus on, something to look forward to and a rescue dog is a lovely thing to have. X