Here goes nothing. :hide:

PrincessLou71186

Hey!!

Lets start with a little bit about me.

When I was a in Primary school I would only eat certain foods and then when I hit Secondary school it became worse. I became scared of eating food in front of other people and went from being at the low end of healthy to seriously underweight. I then developed Cibophobia (fear of food). I would be so picky about foods and couldn't bring myself to eat properly. My blood sugar would dip and I would crave sugar and carbs, gorge on all the wrong foods and feel terrible. I was never bulimic though, I also have a fear of throwing up. And spiders. At least that's rational. I believe that's how I got to be the size I was. My BMI went up to the 'Obese' category. I finally weighed myself Boxing Day 2011 and cried when I saw the scales.

When I was 20/21 I did manage to eat a proper diet, my hubby helped me and after two years together he succeeded Unfortunately my Mum passed away in February 2009 and that sent me backwards.

Anyway, my hubby and I have been TTC since July 2008. I quit smoking November 15th, 2011 (easiest thing I have ever done. Surprisingly), and now I need to focus on my weight. I have started losing it but I am completely stuck in my old fears and hope that by joining Slimming World, I can get support from others and recover again. I am hoping that by having a regular diet, the fertility side of my body will start working properly and that I will be able to conceive.

Here's hoping.

Anyway, that's me. In a nutshell.

I hope nobody judges me. I am sick of people looking at me and judging when they hear about my disorder. You can see them thinking "If you hcave an eating disorder, why are you fat?" It's that narrow mindedness and lack of information that keeps people like me and others (over-eaters, food-addicts, comfort-eaters, etc) in the situation they are in. Too many people presume that you must be skinny to have an eating disorder and that disorder is either anorexia or bulimia. That's not the case and more awareness should be raised so that people realise that they aren't simply 'fat', they have a problem.

Hi and welcome i dont think anyone will judge you on here everyone seems pretty awesome to me and we all have our reasons for being here. I noticed that you found it easy to quit smoking so maybe you can go back and think what made it easy to stop and use some of that to help with your weight loss journey.

I think you will have no problems on SW i love it and have lost a tonne of weight on extra easy.

Welcome, and good luck! :)

I noticed that you found it easy to quit smoking so maybe you can go back and think what made it easy to stop and use some of that to help with your weight loss journey.

Hi!

When it came to quitting smoking I didn't even think about it. I smoked my last cigarette and just decided that prices were ridiculous and that I was never going to buy any more. That was it. I also knew it was good for me to quit to help conceive but that didn't have a huge effect on my decisions, not really sure why.

Anyways, I shall be having my third meeting in three days and I'm going to try the Super Speed Soup everyone keeps raving about and I love dessert so going to try some Fruit Soup (keeping the fruit whole - got to watch those syns) and see how that helps. Fingers crossed.

Good luck to you too.

Back