Here goes... reasons I want to succeed..

iweighhowmuch??

Hi, I am new here. Ive got the dvd from the chemist and watched it. Done some reading on the forum and really want to give this a go. To help myself get in the right frame of mind to go down there and actually sign up I thought I would make a list of the reasons I want to lose weight - here goes!:p

• just generally sick and tired of feeling absolutely enormous and uncomfortable in my own skin
  • sick of buying clothes because they come in my size not because i like them
  • sick of hearing 'but you have a lovely personality and that's what counts'
  • sick of never wearing skirts/dresses cos my thighs rub together
  • sick of not being able to run around and play with my 5 year old
  • sick of feeling like im missing out on life because im sure everyone is staring at me
I'm 18st and have got 8 stones to lose. I would love to hear any encouragement anyone has as I really really want to do this so much I want to cry... thank you all xx

Get started and take it one day at a time. Print off your list of reasons and put it on the fridge or cupboard door. Set yourself some mini goals like; a little treat for every ten pounds down, another treat for each stone off, hang an outfit on the wardrobe that is a size too small and try it on each week, take your measurements each week too.
Stay 100% and you will soon see the pounds fall away. You will lose a stone a month. Just think, by Christmas you will be at goal!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the forum iweigh...

My advice would be keep busy and make sure you drink loads of water.... This forum is absolutely fantastic through the good times and the bad (and we have all had the bad!! lol) so keep on here as much as you can cos whatever you are going through, someone on here would probably have been through it too

It really does work, so good luck hun x x

iweighhowmuch?? said:
Molly, WOW! I cannot believe your loss you must be sooo proud of yourself!!!

How long did it take you?

Thanks hon. I lost 87 lbs on 26 weeks of TFR. Then I switched to GL, a healthy eating plan, and lost another 29 lbs. I've maintained that loss over the past year. Apart from an odd blowout now and again I am maintaining well.

Hi there and welcome. Love the name! If it's any encouragement to you, I have to lose 8 stone too. I've lost 3 and a half stone already and the 12 weeks have flown by! Take Molly's advice and you won't go wrong. Good luck, hun! :D

GL is glycemic load. It is eating so that your blood sugars stay level throughout the day. It is spikes in blood sugar levels that make us hungry. GL is the basis of many current diets like Nigel Denby , Patrick Holford, rick gallop to name a few.
There is a forum for Gi/ GL on minimins under Other Diet Options.

hey hun, just wanted to wish you look on your LT journey :). im restarting tomorrow and have the same to lose as you, so we can help each other if you want?

this diet does work hun, it has its moment but stick with it and you will see the results. though i would watch out for boredom and have suitable methods/activities ready. :D

i lost 55lb in 13 weeks last time and unfortunately through personal reasons i ended up putting it all back on and more (i get weighed tomorrow so not sure exactly how much yet :eek:) which shows how much can be lost.

good luck hun and keep posting.

xox

thank you for the very warm welcome guys i'm already feeling more positive and upbeat!

Lately my weight seems to have rocketed and i have recently found out that this is because I have a prolactinoma (a benign type of brain tumor). Reading up on my condition there are many fairly horrid side effects but one of them is weight gain and difficulty in losing weight so i know this is going to be an uphill struggle. But I don't want to just sit on by backside and use it as an excuse!!

thank you for the very warm welcome guys i'm already feeling more positive and upbeat!

Lately my weight seems to have rocketed and i have recently found out that this is because I have a prolactinoma (a benign type of brain tumor). Reading up on my condition there are many fairly horrid side effects but one of them is weight gain and difficulty in losing weight so i know this is going to be an uphill struggle. But I don't want to just sit on by backside and use it as an excuse!!

It's great to hear you being so determined and positive.. That is a large part of the battle.... Good luck x

you have nothink to lose but weight .its not easy for the first week but i think after that you will be fine just get in the right mind set and dont let others put doubt in your mind .stay strong and you can do any think you put your mind too good luck on your journey .x

---------------------------------------

Yes, with this or any other diet you need to be motivated and have positive attitude. Just think of the reawrd at the end of the tunnel. Good luck:D

Heya,

good to see another new starter! I have done LT before and lost over 2 stone.... I gained back a stone and lost it again but the stupid thing found me again so I am in the process of trying to lose it yet again plus the other one I never lost in the 1st place! Try and work out your triggers and avoid them! Mine is definitely stress so I always gain over exam times!

Good luck!

just wanted to wish u luck. im on day 5here, and the first few days were tough but i feel full of energy now. it does get better.
i started at 18st2 so about the same as you and i have exactly the same reasons to do this as you!
good luck

Good luck

Sounds like you have some great motivators to keep you going

I have found this forum so helpful through my 1st week but I got through it and you can too x

Back