Here I go again on my own (but with you guys!)

Hi all!

Tomorrow I begin my newest weight loss adventure. I need to lose about three stone to get to a happy weight, and also to get into the elusive "healthy" BMI. One of these days!!

I've done every diet under the sun already, despite my (ahem) tender age. Slimming world gave me great results, and I actually carried on losing after leaving the group, but my flab and I have recently reached a bit of an impasse, so I thought it was time to start again with some online support and inspiration.

So, here I am! I desperately need to quit smoking too, so I will be doing that over the next month or so. Doing things by halves? Pah!!

Look forward to meeting some good people on here. Best of luck everyone!

Skn xx

Using the mighty power of the iPhone

I've only started three days ago on my own but hoping to join a club this week so fingers crossed for you and myself in seeing a new slimmer person (hopefully) Good luck :)

Good luck Pauline! Are you doing a diet diary? I'd be interested to see how you do - we could be diet buddies!! Jacket potato currently in the oven for lunch. Nommedy nom!!

Skn x

Hi all!

Tomorrow I begin my newest weight loss adventure. I need to lose about three stone to get to a happy weight, and also to get into the elusive "healthy" BMI. One of these days!!

I've done every diet under the sun already, despite my (ahem) tender age. Slimming world gave me great results, and I actually carried on losing after leaving the group, but my flab and I have recently reached a bit of an impasse, so I thought it was time to start again with some online support and inspiration.

So, here I am! I desperately need to quit smoking too, so I will be doing that over the next month or so. Doing things by halves? Pah!!

Look forward to meeting some good people on here. Best of luck everyone!

Skn xx

good luck, with both of your journeys both are hard but together must be very challanging good for you though imagine your life a few months down the road when you are slimmer and a non smoker you will feel a real achievement :p

Good luck with your weight loss journey :)
I need to give up smoking too! Its soo hard... Hope you have great success xx

Thanks chun-ky! I sometimes feel like a paragon of unhealthiness, with being fat AND a smoker. :-( WE CAN DO IT!!

:-D Skn x

Aahhh you can do it, maybe concentrate on one thing at a time so you dont overload your self :)) xx

Thanks chun-ky! I sometimes feel like a paragon of unhealthiness, with being fat AND a smoker. :-( WE CAN DO IT!!

:-D Skn x

Its an awful feeling.....Before starting SW i spoke to my doc, she was lovely and said tackle one thing at a time! I tackled weight first! Always worried if i stopped smoking first i would pile weight on! Hopefuly now i have a healthier attitude to food stopping the cigs will be easyer!! WE CAN DO IT!!! xx

Good luck Pauline! Are you doing a diet diary? I'd be interested to see how you do - we could be diet buddies!! Jacket potato currently in the oven for lunch. Nommedy nom!!

Skn x

Thanks for wishing me luck. I too smoke but going for the weight loss first and maybe later I'll tackle the nicotine addiction.
First couple of days have been great but not eating as much as what they tell you to, too full to eat anymore. Haven't done a diary yet but doing a shop this weekend so going to try and do a diary first, have you done one yet? Wasn't able to get to a club last week but hoping to this week.
Keep me informed of your journey like you (I guess) I'm a little wary and unsure if I can manage to do it. xx

This weekend has been TOUGH! Brother's 30th birthday led to wine and good aplenty, as well as glorious hangover food today! Oops. At least tomorrow is Monday and normal life resumes.

I made slimming world pesto today, courtesy of the M-i-L, and it is freaking DELICIOUS! I can't believe how low in syns it is. It's great, because I love pasta and pesto and thought I'd just have to avoid it for a while. WIN! Will post the recipe if anyone wants it...

Lungs terrible. On antibiotics for chest infection and had to get nebulised in the ED the other day. Lucky I work in the hospital....

How's everyone else doing post weekend?

Skn xx

Sorry to hear you're not well.
If you don't mind I'd love the pesto recipe. Ta,
Helen.

I'd love the pesto recipe too... frickin love pesto!

Hope you're feeling better

Pesto (almost)

Hey guys!

So, here's the pesto recipe (gawjus):

50g fresh basil
3 garlic cloves
100ml fat free creme fraiche (or I used WW as I can never seem to find fat free - 1 syn for the whole lot)
100ml stock (chicken or other)
4 level tbsp of parmesan/padano

BLEND and ENJOY! Delicious with hot stock if you're having it straight away, or let it cool and have it as a pasta salad with veg. I had it with pasta, prawns and sweetcorn the other day and it was AWESOME!

My reckoning says it's 6 syns with FF Creme Fraiche or 7 with the WW one, but it goes really far so it still works out really good value for syns in my book.

Still laid up with illness, but working from home so I don't feel too useless. Bring on the health!!

Skn xx

Mmm sounds yummy! Thankyou.
Hope you feel better soon!

Back