Here I Go Again

nutty me

onwards and downwards
Hi everyone,

I thought I would introduce myself. Ive been on every diet going. Ive been on I think 3 of the groups on here. I realise I have to make some major changes. Ive always stayed away from calorie counting as I have been too lazy and always looking for the quick fix. Been there done that and put all the weight back on.
So why calorie counting now...Im fed up of my weight and the health issues associated with it. Ive made some major changes in my life. A new job and reduction in hours, I am going to sign up for the Race for Life. i need to start thinking about myself. :D:D

Plan
1. decide on calorie intake.
2. plan a weeks food.
3. set a mini goal.

Good luck, you can do it! Everyone on here is great, they're so supportive and have helped me stick with it. If we can do it, so can you!

Hi hun,

Welcome to the forum! Everyone on here is very helpful :)

Most of us use My Fitness Pal to work out our calorie intake and to track our food. There's also recipes if you fancy trying them and you'll find ideas for meals if you have a search (or have a look at some food diaries!).

My first mini goal was half a stone, as I thought I'd find calorie counting an losing weight difficult, and that fell off in 2 weeks! So my mini goals tend to be something like lose a stone, go down a dress size or exercise 10 mins extra this week. Whatever you want to work towards!

Good luck hun!

D* xXx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I was kind of in the same boat as you, been in Scottish Slimmers, Slim Fast, Atkens, Slimming World and now Calorie counting.

I had never even thought about calorie counting (always thought I needed a gimmick) but we don't and once you get your head around it actually calorie counting gives you more control and flexibility than any other eating plan / diet as mentioned above.

I agree My Fitness Pal is a must for me :)

Good luck!

Thanks everyone for your support. I will start tomorrow.

Good luck.
I've started today, I always come back to calorie counting as works well.
I've tried every diet as well but can never stick to any x x

start February !!

So things have gone very very wrong.....weight up 1lb instead of down:mad:
the plan is to have more structure and preparation !!
start again Monday:)

Why not start again now?

what caroline said! :) it's probably going to be hard whenever you start because you're changing your mindset. But it will be harder if you make excuses...

You can dooo eeeit!!!!! :)

I just find I have to start straight away otherwise with tomorrow comes a whole new pile of excuses!

Back