Here I go again...

VeggieBev

Silver Member
For the past few months (more like year or so actually!) I've been telling myself I really need to get back on plan since I've managed to gain all of the weight I lost through SW a few years ago. Yesterday, I finally got the push that I needed....

I popped to my doctors to get a check up for my usual contraception (TMI??!) and was told that because of my weight and BMI, it was possible that they might have to change what method I use as my BMI for the one I have needs to be under 35 and it's currently at 34.8. I know having to change to something else doesn't sound too dramatic, it really brought home that I've put on so much weight in the past few years and, in fact, she told me that I'd put on almost a stone since my last 6-monthly check up. I am truly mortified! What didn't help was that I actually went to school with the nurse doing the check up. I'm sure she was just as embarrassed having to have such an awkward conversation with me.

So I find myself back here again, determined to get some of this weight off in time for my next check up in 6 months. I have all of these dreams about getting back to the weight I was 3 years ago which was 10st 9lb but I think that might be too far off to keep me focused so I'm going to aim to get to 12st 7lb in time for my next check up which should be early July time and then I'll move on from there.

Although the nurse weighed me at 10st 10lb, I weighed in on my own scales this morning and got 10st 13lb - eek! - so I'll go with that for the sake of consistency.

The plan is to log my food on here every day (at least through the week, I might not manage on here at the weekend) and weigh in every Tuesday morning.

I've not done the plan in over 3 years and I won't be going to classes this time so any help guidance is much appreciated. I know things will have changed so please keep me right.

Last edited:
Food plan - Tuesday 14 February 2017

Breakfast - Toast (HEB) with Dairylea cheese triangle (1.5 syns) and a satsuma
Lunch - Homemade tomato soup (0.5 syns) and an apple
Dinner - Pasta bake with homemade spicy tomato & vegetable sauce topped with cheese (HEA)
Snacks - Golden Wonder crisps (6.5 syns), an orange and a chocolate wafer biscuit (5 syns)
Drinks - 2l of sugar free lemon squash
Total syns - 13.5

Welcome back! :D

Bless you I kinda know how you feel I wanted to start taking the contraceptive pill but was told they wouldn't prescribe it in my case as my bmi was over 35 I had to settle for a contraceptive implant instead which really wasn't what I wanted

So that was a terrible start to my plan!

After all of my good intentions last Tuesday, starting my diary and making my food plan etc, I got some bad news and it sent everything into a bit of a spin. I haven't tracked my food for even one day since then! Nevertheless, I stood on the scales this morning (I'm just going to move my weigh in day to a Monday now I think) and I was 13st 9lb - a loss of 4lb without trying!

So I'm back on it (not that I was actually on it in the first place!) and I'm going for another good loss this week. My plan for today is:

Breakfast - Toast (HEB1) with banana + satsuma
Lunch - Roll (HEB2) with mixed salad and cheddar (HEA) + Ainsley Harriot Szechuan hot & sour cup soup (3 syns)
Dinner - mixed vegetable risotto
Snacks - Plum, apple, pear, Space Raiders (3 syns), chocolate wafer (5 syns) and Nude salted popcorn (2 syns)
Drinks - 2l lemon squash
Total syns - 13
Exercise - 2 mile walk

You will notice that I have 2 HEBs and that is because I've decided to do the old Green plan rather than EE. A few years ago I lost lots of weight using the Green plan. Since then I've rejoined a class more than once and I keep failing and I really do think it's because I struggle with the EE plan - I really need that extra HEB everyday. So, please don't judge me for having it and not strictly sticking to the current plan. I thought it was best that I tried a tested method that I've had success with in the past.

Bless you I kinda know how you feel I wanted to start taking the contraceptive pill but was told they wouldn't prescribe it in my case as my bmi was over 35 I had to settle for a contraceptive implant instead which really wasn't what I wanted

Yeah, that's what I'd like to avoid if I can. It looks like you're doing really well though so maybe you'll be able to switch over soon?

Last edited:
So yesterday was a success, I stuck to plan although did max out by having 15 syns. I stuck to plan though and that's the main thing. I also didn't get my walk in at night.

It's probably best that I post later in the day so I can post what I've actually had rather than my planned food. I'll start doing that from tomorrow but, since I'm here, I might as well post today's plan:

Breakfast - Toast (HEB) with banana + a satsuma
Lunch - Leftover mixed vegetable risotto
Dinner - Fajita pasta (HEB + HEA)
Snacks - Pear, plum, apple, Space Raiders (3 syns) and chocolate wafer biscuit (5 syns)
Drinks - 1l lemon squash + 1l water
Total syns - 8
Exercise - yoga at home

Back