Here we go again :( Hugs please!!

Hi everyone,
It's been a while since I last logged on here!

I had surgery on Wednesday on a Pilinodial Sinus Abcess (I'd suggest you don't google it!), I've had one before but this one was more unusual in placement.. it was very very close to my spine... and VERY VERY deep... so I was very ILL - at the age of 22.. I couldn't get myself out of bed or in/out of the shower.. because it was pinching nerves and poision was in my blood! Well as you'll probably know when you have to have surgery you need to be weighed so they know how much anthesia (sp?) to use... I told them I didn't want to know but I couldn't help but take a look at the sheet later on.. I burst out into tears when I saw it and I know I need to do something about it.. after being asked "Are you allergic to anything... DO YOU HAVE DIABETES?) around 20 x in the space of 48hrs...

I can follow a diet and have successfully lost weight with Slimming World.. but I can't afford to join again so I guess I'll be going it alone without the group... but hopefully find some help on here! The reason I find it so hard at the moment is because my partner absoloutely refuses to eat salad.. no matter what it looks like.. he has no interest in healthy food and can't be bothered to wait for it to be cooked most of the time resulting in a take away (WHICH I DO REFUSE BY THE WAY) I often get "guilted" into it.. "Oh I won't have one then if you don't want it, it's not fair etc).

I've also lost my job (I'm agency staff) the agency ended my contract with the people I was working with and replaced me with someone else.. so I guess I have lots of time to prepare meals and find recipes!

Sorry for moaning guys :(

Hi there and welcome to the forum :)

It sounds like you've been through a rough time recently but I hope things are on the up for you now.

You've come to the right place for support, advice and tips so stick around and join in with us, we're a really friendly bunch!

Any questions or queries etc just shout!

i know how u feel hun as my partner dnt like salad either :( and i doin the carb diet heard it was good so gonna give it a try as i need to loose weight as i am onli 22 and gt thyroid problems and i am curently showin tht i am dieabetic :( so my health goin down hill i goin to hispital to get the help and support i need to do this so hopefully it works x

Firstly you've got to give yourself credit for getting back to it, cause it's so so easy to get derailed - I know that's what I've done. The job situation won't be forever, and I suggest you deep fry your boyfriend's salad Texan style. My boyfriend doesn't have such fears, but is cursed/ blessed with a superior metabolism so he can comfort eat as much as I do and never gain a pound... which makes me want to eat more, brilliant.

Stick with it, you've got to take the crunchy with the smooth...

Thank you BlondeGem!!

Hi Vicky,
I've had blood tests - luckily I'm not diabetic just have a high white blood cell count because of how much of an infection I have.
I'm 22.. and I don't wanna be this way anymore.. so I guess were In the same boat!

>_<

Massdestruct said:
Thank you BlondeGem!!

Hi Vicky,
I've had blood tests - luckily I'm not diabetic just have a high white blood cell count because of how much of an infection I have.
I'm 22.. and I don't wanna be this way anymore.. so I guess were In the same boat!

>_<

Good luck ;)

Really sorry to hear about your recent health issues, but glad to welcome you to the forum!!
(Im a newbie too!)
x22

Thanks guys :)

I think I've almost talked my OH into starting SW with me.. I think it will be so much easier not having to cook two meals!
I'm just trying to get a shopping list together so I have at least a weeks plan of meals!

Looking forward to getting your support and ideas.. and maybe offering some of my own :)

xxx

Back