Here we go again!

annaphylactic

Guess who's back...?
Hi everyone,

I'm new to these parts - well, to Exante that is - although I have been skulking around Minimins for a very long time.

I, too, was a Lighter Lifer - I finished in January 2009 after losing five stone - from sixteen and a half stone to eleven and a half. My goal was ten, but I was just so glad to finally click over into the 'normal BMI' category, that I threw my toys out the pram and left. I didn't do the maintenance programme, and since then I have crept back up to thirteen stone. Not horrendous I suppose, as I have heard of people ploughing it all back on, and then some. But I checked my BMI this morning and its 29.4. I remember the party I had when I was no longer "Obese", and felt really sad that I am on the brink of being so again. I've ben hovering around the twelve and a half mark for the past year, but last month my boyfriend and I broke up and I've put on a hefty half stone in the last few weeks.

Anyway... they are all numbers. The big thing for me is that I feel like a 'big person' again. I know that I am not like I was - I am wearing size 16s, not 24s... but it does feel like I've let myself down and am on a downward spiral (not of the weight variety, sadly).

SO - long story short.. I thought about going back to LL, but two things stopped me. Firstly, I don't want to have to go back to my counsellor again and feel like a failure, and secondly - as with most people - money.

So ~ I've just signed up and paid for my first month of packs, and it should arrive on Wednesday, ready for a start on Thursday.

I am a bit worried about whether or not I'll like the packs. Not that they are supposed to be delicious - but gagging on each mouthful is never fun.

I am going to try to spend my life on here, as I did when I did Lighter Life... I found the support really useful and made a massive difference.

I have three stone to lose and really want to do it by my birthday on 10th December - or there abouts. That gives me almost three and a half months.

Looking forward to getting to know you all, and best of luck to everyone already on the programme.

Anna xx

Hi Anna, we are the same height and have a similar amount to lose so can do it together :). I started just 2 weeks ago and honestly the packs are quite nice, I've never gagged on any of them :D

At least you are here before you regained all the lost weight and know that you CAN do it!

Good luck, I look forward to reading your progress.

Susan x

Thanks Susan,

You're doing brilliantly so far - well done! :) I'm really excited about getting started later this week... wish I could start now, but it's probably good that I get to prepare (during LL I emptied my kitchen and used it to store linen and towels and stuff - the stuff I try to concoct out of pantry stuff during a craving is terrifying!!).

Will def keep in touch through here! :) x x

Back