Here we go again...

AmyDollBee

I posted last week that I was gong to do a restart. That was 10 days ago, and although I have my oatbran and my massive amounts of eggs in the cupboard, I haven't done it yet. But tomorrow is the day (mainly because it's payday).

Money has always been an issue with me on the Dukan - it can obviously get so pricey! I'm a student, and this year a mess-up with Student Finance meant I was left paying my own tuition fees. So every month I have to pay both rent, tuition, plus feed myself. I haven't had the best year!! Even though it's summer, I still have to pay my tuition off. I have two more payments, then in September I'm back to getting my loans - although hopefully after this year I'll be much better a money-management.

I work at the Handmade Burger Restaurant, but this means I have to stay in the North East (I'm living in Durham right now, working in Gateshead) and so I'm not at home in the North West - another issue, as if I were at home, my parents are on the Dukan so it's a little easier. Plus, they buy the food.

But, I have to make the best of it. Going to do a shop tomorrow, get right on the 7-Day Attack, and try not to compare to much to last time. I'm going to put a bit of exercise in the mix this time, mainly to keep boredom at bay and to give myself a reason to get up when I'm off.

Hey AmyBee, yes Dukan can be a bit expensive - all that protein is not cheap! But on cruise (on PV days) you can most certainly have the cauli rice, as well as shirataki noodles/pasta if you can stand it. I personally favour cauliflower boiled with a bit of butter flavouring, then add a scoop of ff fromage frais and whiz it with a hand blender, makes it all nice and creamy and nearly mashed potato-y :) Works great with the cottage pie, and just as a side dish in and of itself. See the recipe section for lots of inspiration, and good luck to you :)

Good Luck Amy xxx I live at Durham to, beautiful city isint it xxx and make the chicken and leek curry on the recipe thread its delish xxx make it in bulk and freeze, its one of the cheap tasty filling recipies

Good Luck Amy xxx I live at Durham to, beautiful city isint it xxx and make the chicken and leek curry on the recipe thread its delish xxx make it in bulk and freeze, its one of the cheap tasty filling recipies

It is! I love it, I normally live in Newcastle because that's where I'm at Uni. Just a hassle getting the bus to work everyday, I'm at the Metrocentre! That sounds good, I'll definitely try it next week. Actually can't wait to go shopping tomorrow. Going to get my meat and anything non-perishable for cruise.

Also, I don't have access to my book right now (I find attack ok to do with out the book, will be home to collect just after I start Cruise phase haha) - what is the Banana-policy? If I remember right they're either banned or restricted. I only ask because I saw a recipe for a smoothie that had spinach in it, it was a high Vitamin A one, good for the skin, and as I'm suffering from intense spot-breakouts and psoriasis atm, I thought that might help...

Sooo ATTACK!!!! :)

Did my shop today, not bad, even my friend mentioned I had a lot of stuff for what I paid. Mixed it up between Aldi and Tesco, and the walk back was definitely a work out!!

For breakfast I had two scrambled eggs, I was in a rush. I then had chicken breast and yoghurt for dinner, and I'm about to have tea. More chicken, Turkey Mince meatballs with my Dukan galette made into little pancakes. Then I have a chicken ready to roast, so I'll have enough cooked chicken to last a week, and I have some crabsticks if I get peckish later. Just gotta get some more water drunk and I'll be ticking all the boxes :)

cluck, cluck xxx have a great weeekend

Have you tried Bolams at Sedgefield????? good prices and they do boneless chicken thighs 5 for approx £2.50 ish and there turkey range is fab, minced, strips, cubes and reasonable their fish and veg are super too.. 3 chickens £7.50 ish xxx

Back