Hey everyone...

Em8888

...I'm so pleased that minimins is back!

Is there anyone on mfp or here that fancies buddying up?
I have a lot to lose, about 7 stone so it's going to be a long journey for me but I have finally accepted that quick fixes do not work for me and do more damage than not doing anything.

Also, can anyone recommend a daily calorie allowance? I'm on 1500 per day but I do find this a bit of a struggle - yep I'm so rubbish, I know.

Hi Em,

I'm on MFP, same username so add away :) Without knowing your weight can't really help re the calorie allowance. Did you let MFP allocate you your number? How much did you say you wanted to lose per week?

I lost the bulk of my weight on 1800 - 2200 calories a day - but I was 21 stone and i'm 5"10 - the joys of being tall :)

So you're mainteance calories work out at about 2141. So to lose a lb per week you'd eat 1641 a day.

Basically take your maintenance calories and deduct:
  • 500 calories per day for 1lb weight loss
  • 750 calories per day for 1.5lb weight loss
I personally wouldn't aim for any more than 1.5lb weight loss a week, and would go for the 1641 figure as you're struggling on the lower calories now.

1500 is a good amount! MFP gave me 1200 lol

Stackhead would you work mine out please am 5ft2 and 15st 9

Many thanks

thanks hun will work on it its v hard, have crohns and its a nightmare

Thank you so much for working that out Hun.

Thanks for your input CatA, I know this already so wanted to see if there is a reason why I was struggling. Those extra 140 cals may help a lot. 1200 cals is not sustainable.

You'd be surprised how much even 100 calories makes a difference. It truly is the difference between feeling deprived and miserable and plodding on. It's a mini choccie bar, or some cheese on dinner. It's just a little extra to make things easier.

I'm Bianx25 please add me.

I will start within the next couple of days and will join you. Looking forward to getting myself into gear.

Hi,
You can add me if you like or anyone else
I'm zafira on mfp , same as here lol
I sometimes use the food input on there, but as I'm following SW , there's no need really
But I still do check the calories sometimes :)
I go log onto mfp daily even more now though to keep my 'streak' going 262 days so far :D

I am also using mfp. My user name is ctaylor22355 if anyone wants to buddy up. Please add me.

Thank you sweet_pea46. I see we have a similar goal weight and are about the same height. I wish I was down at your current weight already !

Carol

Back