Hey there everyone!

Hi there all,i've just found this site after googling for fat free cottage cheese!!
I'm Ali in Wiltshire,have been with slimming world since beginning of July and have lost 19 pounds so far so am pretty pleased with myself as i have quite severe fibromyalgia(chronic muscle pain).I've been ill 2 years,i was running my own florist shop and had to close it:cry:.Since then the weight has crept on with lack of exercise and lots of medication then i lost my mum last xmas and then my comfort eating got worse.I really didnt think i could loose weight with this illness as exercising is so hard but as i have dogs i had to persevere and that has kept me going.
My friend had been to slimming world and was looking really good so i thought i would give it a go.I never realised you could eat so much and loose weight.
It has been a struggle and some weeks i have stayed the same like last week but am hoping for a good loss tomorrow at group.But i havent put on any weight at all so thats great and im hoping to get to my club ten tomorrow(ten percent of my body weight).
Would be lovely to make some new friends on here

Hi and welcome! I agree - Slimming world is great!!

Sorry about your loss and the illness. Hope that you find the support that you need here!

Good luck!

teddysmum43 said:
Hi there all,i've just found this site after googling for fat free cottage cheese!!
I'm Ali in Wiltshire,have been with slimming world since beginning of July and have lost 19 pounds so far so am pretty pleased with myself as i have quite severe fibromyalgia(chronic muscle pain).I've been ill 2 years,i was running my own florist shop and had to close it:cry:.Since then the weight has crept on with lack of exercise and lots of medication then i lost my mum last xmas and then my comfort eating got worse.I really didnt think i could loose weight with this illness as exercising is so hard but as i have dogs i had to persevere and that has kept me going.
My friend had been to slimming world and was looking really good so i thought i would give it a go.I never realised you could eat so much and loose weight.
It has been a struggle and some weeks i have stayed the same like last week but am hoping for a good loss tomorrow at group.But i havent put on any weight at all so thats great and im hoping to get to my club ten tomorrow(ten percent of my body weight).
Would be lovely to make some new friends on here

Hi teddysmum !!! Sorry sorry to hear you've had such a tough couple of years !!! Sounds like you've made a fantastic start to your slimming world diet and u should be proud of this !!!! I'm sure you will find this site fantastic for advise, recipies and most of all support !! Just remember we are all here with the same goal ..... To be healthier and look/ feel better !!!! Keep up the great work and I'm sure you will get to your goal in no time !!!!! Are you considering posting a diary ???

Thanks for the welcome and kind thoughts.I will look at the diary section.Have had my weigh in today and have lost another 2 pounds:D so am nicely chuffed.

Hi, well done so far with your weight loss, it's amazing that you've still lost with all that you've been through. I have only just started and I hope I do as well as you. :)

Back