Heyyy, I'm new here :P

4katsuki

Hi, I'm Sophie.. New here not really sure what to say XD I'm 17.

Around Christmas 2010 i made small changes like granary bread instead of white, no added sugar or fat and never fried food, less takeaways, less sweets and no more treats from the bakery on the way home from walking my dog :p I was piling on the weight and got up to 17 stone. Since Christmas i've lost over 3 stone, I'm 13 st 6 lbs now. (haven't been this weight for years) gone from a size UK 18/20 to a 14/16. Probably a 14 actually as my size 16 jeans have been pretty loose lately, i've noticed whilst walking my dogs, i have to keep pulling them up, not fun :p I've always been overweight though. Finally my BMI is no longer Obese, but overweight :D

I joined here for help, because now i'm stuck at this weight. I have been for a while now. Come to think of it though about a month ago i was like 13 st 12lbs..

But it's not really shifting now wanted help not sure what else to do :p My goal is to get to 11 st. My ideal weight for my height is 10 st. I want to get to 11 for now though, because for my height 11 st 2lbs is my MWL so i wanted to get to 11 so then i'd at least be under that. Not sure what else to do now to shift those last pounds. :(

Hi Katsuki. Well done on your weight loss so far :D

You don't say if you've followed a particular diet or not. It looks like you've made very good choises which have resulted in your losses so far..

A number of us on here are doing calorie counting and we use My Fitness Pal to track our calories and exercise. You fill in a few questions and it will work out the amount of calories you need and you can get more by doing exercise (yes walking your dog will count towards them)..

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. You've already proved you can do it :D

Not sure what else to do now to shift those last pounds. :(

Hi Sophie

You sound like you have been doing brilliantly with the changes you've made. Huge congratulations on what you've achieved so far!!!:woohoo:

If you're not already following a specific plan, why don't you have a look at some of the forums for weight loss and get some ideas about what might suit your needs/budget/tastes?

I am following Slimming World but not going to a class. Most of the information you need about the plan is on the sticky threads in that part of the forum if you want to learn more and everyone is very helpful if you have questions. Basically SW plan limits your fat and sugar intake but lets you eat loads of the type of things that are more healthy. I can honestly say I haven't been hungry yet! The other part of SW that attracted me was that I can still have ANYTHING I want to eat provided I take account of it in my planning and don't go overboard on it. So if your weakness is chocolate for example you can still enjoy that and continue to lose weight.

Sure you will get some good ideas from people on here to help you get unstuck. Good luck :)

Hi Sophie,

Welcome to the site. It sounds like you've done really well so far so well done.

Everyone on here is very friendly with loads of tips and advice to offer.

Good luck with your weight loss journey

Rhi x

hello sophie,
great news with your weight loss!.. you've made a fantastic choice joining this site, top people and great advise!!!
im sam, nice to meet you x

Hello im a newbie also:happy036:
I was always a slim size 12, until i fell pregnant in summer 2009 with my little boy. I gained 5 stone during that pregnancy. :eek:
He was born in january 2010, by august i found out i was expecting again.. this time a little girl! Something strange happened suring that pregnancy.. i was almost a stone lighter after i had her:D.. but still a fat cow haha!
So 12 weeks after ive had her finally today i have started lipotrim :) im currently 16 stone 5lbs :cry:but i will be 11 stone by christmas!!!... and NO MORE BABIES! haha :family2:

Congratulations on your losses. Are you keeping a check on your quantities?

You may need to change a few things either in diet or exercise to give your body a bit of a shake.

Irene xx

Back