hi 2 every1

urban

hi ive just startd the lipo trim diet and i was just wundering if thers any other lads on heer that have used it themself,s

im on my third day now and im not finding it to bad will i get worse hunger pains as this goes on or am i ok after the first week or so

and ive been woundering what do you eat when your coming of it? do you go from the maintance straight on to normal food?

thanks in advance for any replys

Welcome Urban. Dont worry there are some guys on this site who post regularly. But lucky you there are loads of ladies who are only too willing to offer whatever support you need.

The hunger pains to become easier as you get used to it but to be honest i have done it for 2 weeks now and they havent gone completely. That said the fact that the weight losses are so good will keep you motivated.

Post regularly and let us know how you are doing.

Good luck.:D

cheers bud i aint having hunger pains im just worryied ther gona come from no wher n kill ha ha

so whats the maintance refeed like what do you do?

Hi Urban,
Welcome to Minimins.
As Chukki says, there are lots of guys on here, one will be along soon.
Refeed is covered really well on one of the "Stickys" above this forum. Check it out, it's called refeed without excessive weight re-gain, or something like that.
There is a refeed forum as well, see the top of this forum to link to it.
Good luck.

: Refeeding after Lipotrim Total Food Replacement Without Excessive Weight Regain (
multipage.gif
1 2 3 ... Last Page) Urban, I have enclosed the link for you, (it's in the refeeding part of the Lipotrim forum)
Cheers, Cathy.

welcome to our little LT world here on minimins....good luck on your journey, keep posting we are here 4 u xxxxxx

Hi and welcome to the lipotrim forum. There are a few guys around, so plenty of male company, but like above, you get all us women looking after you.

The hunger pangs will go after a few days then you will begin to feel much much better and hopefully get the energy buzz.

If you are really hungry, try splitting your shakes in half, this will help to curb your pangs. Also black hot coffee helped me when I was on total food replacement.

Refeeding has to be followed properly to avoid overfilling your glycogen levels too quickly, but I have have posted some information for you to have a good look through.

Good luck for lipotrim, it really is a brilliant diet once the first few days are over with.

LIPOTRIM PHARMACY PROGRAMME.

Refeeding after Lipotrim Total Food Replacement without Excessive Weight Regain.

Preventing unnecessary weight gain after dieting...

Remember, under non-dieting the primary source of fuel that the body uses for energy is its blood sugar. When the blood sugar supply gets low the body has reserves of sugar which are stored as a complex molecule called glycogen. Glycogen is stored in the body bound to a great deal of water. When we change the amount of glycogen in the body we also change the amount of water. Glycogen and water are heavy. Changes will affect our weight a great deal and in a very short timespan. After dieting the body will again need glycogen and it will be restored with the reintroduction of food. A few simple facts about glycogen will help you to understand how to prevent a great deal of unnecessary weight regain after total food replacement.

1. Glycogen is made of sugar and that is, therefore, a carbohydrate. A pound of glycogen is worth about 1800 Calories. 1800 Calories deficit in the daily intake can use up a pound of glycogen from storage

2. Glycogen is stored with about 4 parts of water for each part of glycogen. This means that a pound of glycogen may hold an additional 4 pounds of water. 1800 Calories of Calorie deficit in the food eaten can cause a 5 pound weight loss. Compare that with the real need for fat loss. The same 1800 Calorie deficit will only use up 1/2 pound of fat.

3.Glycogen is stored in the liver, muscles and fat cells of the body. The amount we can store can vary depending upon what we eat and how much we use our muscles. Recent research suggests that some people may store as much as a kilogram of glycogen that can be mobilised in the first few days using a vlcd diet. This could mean that such a person could lose almost a stone in weight during the first few days of dieting and not yet have burned any fat.

4. Glycogen is used up and replaced as a matter of course all the time. Think of the glycogen stores the way you think of a kitchen jug that contains sugar. When the levels get low it is easy to fill it up. Daily activities of living and sleeping use glycogen up. Eating fills glycogen stores back up, every day.

5. It is possible to overfill the glycogen stores so that they contain more than the normal levels. Athletes do this and call it carbohydrate loading. Athletes stop eating carbohydrate to deplete their glycogen stores and then feast on carbohydrates. This gives them a larger reserve tank of ready fuel for endurance exercises, such as marathon running. If we eat a lot of carbohydrate foods right after dieting we will accomplish the same thing - extra glycogen that we will not burn up in a few hours of exercise; a lot of extra water that will stay as long as the glycogen (until the next diet or marathon type exercise); extra weight on the scales that cannot be distinguished from fat, makes you depressed and inclined to eat in despair. Totally unnecessary.

6. If carbohydrate foods are reintroduced gradually and in the right sequence over a period of days, the glycogen will return to a normal and modest level without unnecessary weight gain.

Carbohydrate foods include: vegetables, potato, cereal, breads, pasta/rice and fruits. There are carbohydrate foods containing a lot of simple sugars - such as fruit - and those we term 'complex', such as most vegetables.

These will form the bulk (60%) of your long term change to healthy eating buy need to be controlled during refeeding and afterwards for those who have had an insulin resistance problem.

The plan for Refeeding applies to both men and women...
Refeeding

Keep these points in mind:

First day after Total Food Replacement is high protein.

Second day is high protein, modest complex carbohydrate - low fat.

Third day is high protein, modest compels carbohydrate with some cereals - low fat.

Fourth day is high protein, high complex carbohydrate, modest cereals, fruit and other simple sugars - low fat.

The rest of your life is low fat and weight under control.

Lipotrin Refeeding:

The first step in weight management is bridging the gap between Total Food Replacement (TFR) and, so called, "real food". Directly following TFR we are going to guide you through a slow and gradual refeeding process. There are two reasons for the refeeding strategy:

1. You have lost a considerable amount of body fat during your Lipotrim regime, but you have also depleted your glycogen stores, along with their attending water. If you jump directly from TFR into a high carbohydrate meal, your glycogen and water stores will fill up excessively, causing an immediate weight gain that may be as much as 7-10 pounds. This is not a fat gain - it is a fluid gain - but is demoralizing, nonetheless. That is why the transition plan introduces carbohydrate in a controlled way, so that such a weight retain should not occur.

2. During your TFR regime, you ate nothing in addition to your Lipotrim servings very day and drank enough water to float a small tanker. During this time, your palate, used to a steady diet of salty, fatty, oily and sugary foods, has had an enforced rest.

Something very interesting has happened during the rest: your tastebuds, reprieved from a fat/salt/sugar entrapment, have undergone a purification. This palate retraining is one of the most profound results of your TFR regime. Do not throw this perception away by eating your way into the same old problem foods again, just because you used to like them. Changes have to be made to your previous eating behaviour and now is the time to take positive action.

The plan (applies to both men and women).....

Follow exactly - do not add extras and, more importantly, do not miss out any steps. You may have milk in your tea and coffee, if required, and you can now have diet drinks again. Avoid fruit juices (simple sugars) until the end of the week. No alcohol. Try to drink plenty of water. Most people do not drink adequate water and now you are in the habit, stick with it. At least 2 litres per day.

DAY 1.

Have 2 Lipotrim servings and one meal, as follows (men continue to have 2 servings, as before, while women take 1 less serving of Lipotrim).

at lunchtime or evening meal time you may have some skinless, boneless chicken breast or white fish fillet, or some skinless turkey (about 4-6ozs.) The fish or chicken may be steamed, microwaved, baked or cooked with a little water in a non-stick pan. Season with salt and pepper. Or you may have tuna fish in water or brine (drained). Vegetarians may use tofu or quorn.

You may also have either a moderate serving of salad (small breakfast bowl) from any of the following: lettuce, cucumber cress and watercress, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, peppers, bean sprouts, celery dressed with a little lemon juice or wine vinegar (try balsamic vinegar, it is quite special), or if you prefer, a moderate serving ( 2 heaped table spoons - no more)of some cooked vegetables. You may have bread, grains (rice) or pasta until Day 4. Fruit should wait until Day 4 at the earliest (later if you have carbohydrate problems). You can have milk in tea/coffee.

DAY 2

You will have only 1 Lipotrim serving and 2 meals, as described for Day 1.

Day 3

Same as Day 2, but you may also have - at one meal only - an 8 ounce potato, plain boiled, mashed or baked, but with no addition of any fat. You may like to top with some skimmed milk, plain yogurt or very low fat fromage frais and a sprinkle of herbs.

Day 4-7

A Lipotrim serving for your breakfast plus.....

up to 3 serving of fruit (if you suffer from the insulin resistance problem, then eat these late in the day and do not snack on them during the day)

up to 2 slices of bread or 1 pita or 1 roll or 1 bagel (without fatty spread)

Any vegetables you want except avocado, 1 or 2 servings with your meals (2 tablespoons per serving)

any of the skimmed milk products.

fish fillet (any size) or 6 ounces of chicken or turkey, as described before, or one tin of tuna in water or brine, drained. Vegetarians may use tofu, textured vegetable protein (TVP) or quorn.

Lean meat with all visible fat trimmed off

low fat recipes prepared with low fat sauces - eg lean mince with tomatoes Bolognese sauce

medium baking potato or 6 small new potatoes or one serving of instant mashed potatoes (the kind with no added fat- read the label).
Instead of potato, you may have 4ozs of rice or pasta (cooked weight).

This schedule may be continued for several weeks - especially if you have lost a lot of weight - 5/6 stones or more - as you will need time to adjust to a different eating behaviour and quantities. Check your weight every week at the pharmacy; if it is going up, then action must be taken to address the types and quantities of food eaten. The maintenance food products are advised during this time to add extra control whilst adjusting to your new eating behaviour.

Sample menu for days 4 to 7.....

Breakfast Lipotrim serving.

Lunch Fish fillet (any type - cod, salmon etc), serving of potatoes ( 1 medium jacket or 6 new potatoes or a serving-spoon mash - no added fat) Yogurt ( low fat).

Diner 4-6 ozs chicken (no skin), jacket potato, salad. Fruit (if appropriate) or low fat dessert.

Evening Sandwich (no spread of any sort), consisting of: pickles, fat-free mayonnaise, salad/carrot, slice cold meat (low fat).

Snack 1 or 2 pieces of fruit (evening, if appropriate)

Breakfast Lipotrim serving

Lunch Sandwich (no spread) - any low fat filling, eg tuna. Bowl of salad. 2 pieces of fruit (if appropriate) or yoghurt.

Dinner Spaghetti Bolognese, consisting of: drained lean mince, low fat sauce, 4 ozs. Cooked spaghetti, serving spoon of vegetables. Dessert.

Snack or Evening.

Tub of very low fat fromage fraise, flavoured to suit with either slices of fruit or low fat jelly crystals for a sweet option or herbs and spices with added crunchy vegetable, for a savoury snack.

Or maintenance range - orange-crème drink or chocolate whip dessert (see leaflet).

The main point to understand in following the plan is not to have an any added fat in your food or in its preparation.

There is more than adequate fat for daily requirements naturally occurring in a diet chosen from a wide range of foods. There is no benefit to adding fat in preparation - only weight back on.

MAINTENANCE AFTER REFEEDING.

The failure of all diets has, in the past been maintenance. Regardless of the methods of weight loss, more than 95 people out of every 100 who managed to lose some weight have put it all back by the end of one year.

By five years, it was hard to find anyone who had kept their weight off.

The failure of weight maintenance is largely due to the over reliance on 3 rather ineffectual means of weight control.

These are:

(1.) exercise, (2) portion control and (3) Calorie counting.

By now you should all understand the limitations of each of these strategies.

Exercise cannot cope with a large enough excess of Calories.
Portion control and overall food restriction trigger primitive hunger instincts and lead to out of control eating.
Therefore, weight maintenance fails.

One of the reasons that people find weight maintenance so difficult is that, in serious overweight, more than one problem may exist at the same time.

Most people now appreciate the fact that, in order to resist weight regain, it is important to avoid as much unnecessary fat in the diet as possible.

This simple message remains true, despite the sometimes confusing messages about fat that are presented in the media.

Remember the simple statement - Fat Makes You Fat..

Some of the confusion is caused by the commercial needs of the edible fats industry. This is a very large wealthy industry which loses income when people avoid eating its products.

Other causes of confusion relate to the differences between saturated and unsaturated fats.

There may well be health implications associated with the balance between saturated and unsaturated fats in our food intake. BUT, the effect on our Weight is exactly the same whether we eat animal fat, fish fat, olive fat. Vegetable fat or any other fat - saturated, mono-unsaturated or poly unsaturated. FAT makes you FAT.

*Information for you on 'Meal Replacement Schedule'...

After refeeding, begin by replacing any 7 meals per week with standard Lipotrim formula or flapjack. 1.) This permits you to remain in control of your total weekly caloric intake.

2.) After 14 days, you need to return to the pharmacy to be weighed:

* if your weight has remained stable, continue in this manner;

* if your weight continues to drop, reduce the meal replacements to 6 for the next 2 weeks - repeat the sequence, substituting one traditional meal for a meal replacement until your weight remains stable;

* if your weight increases, then you must replace further meals. Replace 9 meals with formula for 2 weeks. If still not stable, substitute for 11 meals.

Find your appropriate level of meal replacements for weight stability. Then make sure that you attend the pharmacy once a month for a check. Always adjust your meal replacement schedule to the previous month's weight stability.

Hiya and welcome!!!

Yeah the hunger pains went away for me as soon as I hit ketosis!!

Im refeeding at the moment and Im following the refeed process still!

Just smaller portions, lean meats cooked healthily and lots of veg and a few carbs :) Adding spices to add flavour and not fat etc etc :)

Hi and welcome, I have seen a few guys posting on here so your so not alone, (not with all the ladies to chat to anyway) lol.
Good luck on LT. I'm into my second week and have food cravings more than hunger, Just remember to glug the water back as I'm sure thats what helps keep them at bay,

Good luck hun, look forward to seeing your first weigh in. x x x

hey thank you all for being so nice and thanks alot for the infop on the refeed

but im not having hunger pains and im coming to the end of me third day so just wundering when ther gona come

me weight in should be monday but ther closed for the bank holiday so have to go tommorow instead
thanks agen for the replys

Hey :) are you doing the male version, or the female version +1? (Thats what I'm doing anyway :p)

I dunno if it's just a guy thing, I haven't really felt any intense hunger either and I'm on my third week now, I just had very vivid dreams about food :p

I never had hunger - even in the first few days you're 'supposed' to. Week 5 I wasn't drinking enough, felt hungry then AND had a cr@p loss that week - lesson learned! But if you're doing it 100% including drinking enough water then you can't be physically hungry so don't worry about it! Best of luck on your LT journey! x

Hi and welcome.

Males seem to do very well on LT so stick to it 100% and you will see fantastic losses. Good luck, it does get easier after week 1.

Welcome and good luck for your weigh in.

The hunger does disappear although I still sniff the kids toast !

hey aaron im on the male lipotrim system just finishing me 4th day now and still feelin ok had to go 2 the pharmacy today to pick up some more because ther shut for the bank holiday

and does anybody no how i put an avator pic on was tryin the other night but couldnt figure it?
and thanks 2 agen 2 every1 for the replys

hey aaron im on the male lipotrim system just finishing me 4th day now and still feelin ok had to go 2 the pharmacy today to pick up some more because ther shut for the bank holiday

and does anybody no how i put an avator pic on was tryin the other night but couldnt figure it?
and thanks 2 agen 2 every1 for the replys

Hi hun! You have to have so many posts before you can do things like the pic, i think its 50 posts, not 100% sure though! So keep chatting away lol xx

Yep 50 ..

hi mate iam a guy and on my 2end week its true what they say it does get easier for sure you do get gravings from time to time but your be laughting as its for helthy stuff not choc and junk drink as much water as you can i wernt looking forward to that part as i had to have someting in water before i started but its not been to bad and i never drank hot drinks but love peppermint tea now feels like i treat my tum is rummbling big time as i type right now but it will pass and your feel better trust me lol wait till you get first weighting that will give you the will power to carry on for soem reason its a bigger loss than the ladies which is kinda not fare i guess but hay theres more on here for support and it looks like us men are limted lol good dude with it keep posting

yeh no i worries i will keep posting and keep you all posted
and yeh justin ive noticed any cravings ive had have been for a tuna sandwich so its all good lol

Back