Hi all!! :) Can anyone help...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by KimH, 19 January 2009 Social URL.

1. KimH

KimH New Member

Hi all,
    Soooo glad I found this forum - so much inspiration and good giggles too!

I lost a lot of weight about 4 years ago now (5.5 st, from 15.5st down to 10st) through good old healthy eating and lots of exercise. I managed to generally maintain ever since with the odd fluctuation but not too much. Anyway, I have started a new job as of last October and its now extremely hard for me to exercise (I am up at 4:30am, get home at 4:30pm, have a puppy, husband and house to look after and no time - by the time everything is sorted, dinner done, irnoning finished, house clean, lunches made I have to go to bed by 9pm to get up!). Anyway, over Christmas I gained my normal half a stone (same every year - enjoy, indulge and then lose it in Jan - which has been fine each year for the past few).
    I normally used to up my exercise and the weight would come back off quite happily, but it is ridiculously hard to lose without being able to exercise. So far if I am honest, I haven't lost any of it yet and its already 19th Jan. I get very very bloated and uncomfortable and feel horrid - you know when it looks like you're pregnant because your tum just balloons?! Argh.

However, I also have a terrible sweet tooth (mostly the reason I was over weight in the first place) and I am an "all or nothing kind of girl". I've fallen off the wagon on and off since Christmas, so any hope I have had of being as strict as I need to be to lose by diet alone, is going out the window. So I thought I'd add some accountability in and find a fab forum where I can keep a food diary - the thought of having to tell you guys I have eaten that fourth choc chip cookie is a good way to put myself off!! Shame about the first three mind you ;)

So, within the forum, is there anywhere in particular that people keep food diaries? I know there are a couple of sections for diaries and things but I wanted to make sure I kicked off in the right place :)

Thanks so much!
    Kim

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi Kim, welcome. I think most people post their diaries in the weight loss plan they are following.

4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. In both the Weightwatchers and slimming world section members have their food diaries. Might be worth looking.

Why not include a small amount of sweet things in your diet each day and stick to that amount

Ireen xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.