hi and hello.

Pat.H

I used to be a member a long while ago,
Since then I've gained a lot more weight,
I now weigh 315pounds,
I'm eating myself to death so I need to find a way out of the hole I have dug for myself.
I spoke to my GP about weight loss surgery but its not an option,so now I need to find my own way to lose weight again.

Hello Pat. I saw my doctor because I too felt I was committing suicide with a knife and fork My husband and I are retired and got into a rut of not exercising and eating all the wrong things. He pointed us towards Slimming World, here in the UK last November. Since then my husband has lost 4 and a half stones (63lbs) and I have lost nearly 3 (40lbs to be exact) It has been our salvation. No quick fix, no enforced exercising, just a life style change. Hope you can find something just right for you. You have taken your first step to a new you by admitting you need help. Good Luck

Thank you for your reply.
I have been a member of slimming world several times and lost weight with the group.
I actually feel too ashamed to go back.
I have regained all the weight I lost and added another couple of stone ☹

Thank you for your reply.
I have been a member of slimming world several times and lost weight with the group.
I actually feel too ashamed to go back.
I have regained all the weight I lost and added another couple of stone ☹

Pat love we have people coming back regularly. And we all appreciate what a hard job it is to walk through that door. It takes a lot of courage. Please give it one more try...? Heck you could be slimmer of the week the week after next:0clapper: Anyone can fall off the wagon, most of us do now and again, but it takes someone special to admit they need help and do something about it. Give 'em a ring say how you feel and you'll be welcomed back with open arms.

I'm going to have a think about it,
Have removed all the junk food out of the cupboards and trying to keep a diary of what and why I eat.
I also walked just under 2 miles which was quite good considering I need a knee replacement and currently have plantar fasccitis in my foot.
I am thoroughly exhausted and will probably be even more lame tomorrow but it was worth it.
Its my birthday on Friday and my mums birthday too so most likely I will return to class after that.

Back