hi anyone from manchester

jezebel

hi was looking to see if anyone is from manchester for general chit chat x

hey hun im from eccles hun xx

*waves from her sofa in Prestwich*

What sort of general chitchat would you like?!?!

Well, seeing as we are all from Manchester i take it you have all graced the holy grail that is SLATTERY!!!!

Its only about 10 mins away from me and its a slimmers HELL!!!!!!

I loooooove their cake, quiche, chocolates - oh heck everything they sell! They do a nice lunch and some stuff is SW friendly, its just the downstairs you have to negotiate before making your way to the dining area upstairs.

Mmmmm, chocolate challenge :p

No. I haven't been! I've lived here 18 months and been past it loads...but I just can't face going in. OH was going to buy me one of their courses for my birthday, but bless him, it's not the best thing for someone trying to lose weight!!!

No. I haven't been! I've lived here 18 months and been past it loads...but I just can't face going in. OH was going to buy me one of their courses for my birthday, but bless him, it's not the best thing for someone trying to lose weight!!!

OMG!!!! You have to go in - its amazing! I've even seen my wedding cake in there - its a work of art! :p

If you have strong willpower to dodge the downstairs do try and pop in for lunch, they do really nice salads and jacket potato's.

Well, seeing as we are all from Manchester i take it you have all graced the holy grail that is SLATTERY!!!!

Its only about 10 mins away from me and its a slimmers HELL!!!!!!

I loooooove their cake, quiche, chocolates - oh heck everything they sell! They do a nice lunch and some stuff is SW friendly, its just the downstairs you have to negotiate before making your way to the dining area upstairs.

Mmmmm, chocolate challenge :p

Oh my god i was in there yesterday ordering my brothers 21st cake. We get all our big cakes from there, it is just unbelievable. I took my boyfriend in and showed him the not one, but TWO wedding cakes i'm having cos they are so irresistable, lol.

Managing to walk right back out again without a single cake or biscuit is one hell of an achievment :D xx

You've got such amazing willpower!!! I will take OH there next weekend then...will do my utmost to bypass the sweet treats and head for the SW friendly bits! OH can be my willpower for me.

Right see I'd go in there and totally intend to have a jacket...and then I'd see this...

Are you chocoholic enough to take the Slattery Chocolate Challenge?

A slice of hot chocolate fudge cake and a slice of chocolate fudge cake, served with 2 chocolate cups, one filled with fresh cream and one filled with ice cream. This is spun with a white chocolate sauce and accompanied by a glass of Slattery's Hot Chocolate.
£12.75
If you can eat all this (on your own!) you will be rewarded with a Slattery chocolate medal and a box of handmade chocolates.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :eek: i NEEED that!x

I'm usually not a dessert person but right...when I get to target...I am DOING THAT!!! LOL!!!!

You and me both! In fact i think i might not even wait that long and just forgo my syns for a month haha.

Heres a couple of piccies of some cakes we've had in the past 2 years or so...my graduation one was a few weeks ago..so cool! AND i didn't eat a single bit of it!!

Attachments

• DSC00276.JPG
    DSC00276.JPG
    243.1 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC01149.JPG
    DSC01149.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC01849.JPG
    DSC01849.JPG
    313 KB · Views: 401
  • DSC03370.JPG
    DSC03370.JPG
    246.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Mum Birthday Party 006.jpg
    Mum Birthday Party 006.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 48
Right see I'd go in there and totally intend to have a jacket...and then I'd see this...

Are you chocoholic enough to take the Slattery Chocolate Challenge?

A slice of hot chocolate fudge cake and a slice of chocolate fudge cake, served with 2 chocolate cups, one filled with fresh cream and one filled with ice cream. This is spun with a white chocolate sauce and accompanied by a glass of Slattery's Hot Chocolate.
£12.75
If you can eat all this (on your own!) you will be rewarded with a Slattery chocolate medal and a box of handmade chocolates.

My OH is a monster and he can EAT, its like a freakshow to watch!

He tried the chocolate challenge and he couldnt complete it!! The problem is they give you a hot chocolate and it is literally melted chocolate with creamy milk and the inside of the glass has been pre frozen with chocolate in it so it all melts together. Its proper sickly but in a good way.

Hellie - i always go for this:

Salad Platters - £8.65

A delicious mixed salad made using a variety of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, onions, fresh basil and croutons, served with one of the following:
Tuna with or without mayonnaise
All served with a granary cob and butter

I use the roll as HEB and pick around the croutons so its all free on red. Its also a massive salad and plenty of tuna so its really filling.

Oh and this is my chosen wedding cake!!!

124426.jpg

Ooooo yay!!! Thats the same style as one of mine that i want haha. They had done it slightly differently when i went in yesterday and marbled some of the chocolate balls with a food colouring to match the brides colours..this one was like a really faint pink. GORGEOUS!

The other one i want is this one one! It makes me laugh, lol x

Attachments

• 116682.jpg
    116682.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 45
I actually want a mix of white, dark and milk chocolate balls. Its that amazing i dont think i'll let anyone eat any of it - lol! Its just to be stared at and admired :p

That other cake is ace!

It's a gorgeous cake I love it! Can I come to your wedding reception!? LOL!

Back