Hi everyone - I'm back after a year!

lighterlifeclaire

Silver Member
Hello to those who remember me from 2007-08, well... its been a journey...

I started LL in Nov 07, lost almost 7 stone - went from 24st 8lbs to 18stone by June 2008. :eek:

However *cringe* :mad: I have since put the majority of that weight back on, purely due to stopping LL and eating like a maniac - 3 weeks ago I weighed 24 stone exactly when I started Weight Watchers.

I have lost 4lbs in 3 weeks, which obviously, is alot slower than LL, but I do not want to do LL again as I do not have the money and I do not want the weight to go back on!!!

Does anyone remember me? I think I am going to say hi in the WW forum and see whats happening in there... I have come to the last straw, and decided to "rejoin" minimins to get some support as this is what helped me around the first time!!!

Hope everyones doing well xxx

Welcome back to minimins!

Sorry to hear you put all the weight back on. Good luck with your ww journey. I see they are now tackling the mind side of weight loss for the first time. xx

Hi again.

That is such a bummer Claire - you did so well and were do determined.

But, you know now - that you CAN lose that amount of weight, so that will help you in WW.

I have been lucky, and find the changes I made have stuck. But it takes work, and practice. You will be able to use the benefits of CBT as you go down the scales in WW. :)

Gled you popped in here - kind of funny actually as I was just thinking about you a few days ago, wondering how you were.

Did you ever move into you new/house/flat?? I remember you being excited about that.

Keep us posted how you [progress - the diet you follow doesnt matter as we are all in this for the same reason - no matter how we get there.

XX

Hi I just wanted to tell you about Lipotrim which is a diet im on same principles as LL just half the price if u did want to find out more they have a website you can look at.

Good luck in your weight loss which ever way you do it.

xx

Hi LLC - I remember you

What went wrong - did the counselling have no effect as you did so well just to give it up and start pigging out again.

I know it is hard and I really wish you well but I am not sure that losing 5 stone in a tear is going to be enough for you unless you are sure that you can stick this out. Remember that to get to target on WW at this rate will take you close to 3 years.

Best of luck though.

P.S. check out the thread on the different VLCD's that I have started. There are some that are only £32 per week 'ish though of course they do not have the counselling (which didn't work for you)

Cheers
Mike

Hello Claire,
Godd that you've come back. Sorry you piled all the weight back. What went wrong?
It'll take forever to lose the weight on LL.
Good luck though, brave girll to come back.
You will get support on Minimins as you know and others aree in a similar position to you.

well done for trying again

Hi LLC,
GOOD LUCK, I really do wish you all the luck in the world. fighting weight issues is SO HARD, ( I am an authority on just how hard it can be)

Hello Claire

I was also doing Lighterlife at the same time as you. Unfortunately I was a 'guest lurker' so I never posted but used to read all your posts and of course, Blonde Logic's.
I was so impressed at your weight loss.
Well my own story is that I lost weight with LL, came off the diet and put it all back on again, lost again and regained, and so on. This time I am on Cambridge Diet and have lost 29 pounds in seven weeks. I am determined to keep off the weight when I reach goal and I wish you well with your diet.

Hi Claire
It's good to hear from you again it looks as though you've done the same as me
I am also on ww now & the going is slow but it is going I felt that I couldn't face the packs again I won't say I never will again but at the moment it's not for me
Good luck with it & i'll see you on the ww board

Hi everybody, thanks for replying - its great to see your all still around!

BL - Wow, i remember you! I remember the holiday to america you went on with your hubby to meet his parents for the first time since u were slimmer - you were trying to stick off the cigs aswell as far as I can remember and u done brilliantly! You are looking fab, well done!!! xx

Mikey - yes i remember u too! Im not sure what didnt click, if im honest it kinda did click at the time, but i got my own place, moved out of home and then lived on my own for a few months before meeting my (current!) wonderful bf... We have been together for just over a year and it seems like that is when i started putting the weight back on. I am obviously comfortable with him and didnt feel the need to concentrate on my weight (how wrong was i!) and have, over the year put back on 99% of it...

I know WW is going to take longer but hey, it didnt pile on in a day, and rome wasnt built in a day ;) - I'm just going to have to be patient, do it the "sensible" way and hope for a slow(ish) loss that will hopefully stay off this time. I must say I am a bit wound up with myself but hey, i'll get over it and i've lost it before, so i know i can do it again!!

I'm not too keen on doing another VLCD, its not just the money, as i don't think I can stick to it again and I'm not confident that I will keep the weight off - I had every faith in LL while I was on it and cannot thank it enough because it was obviously brilliant and did make me lose 8 stone!, but really and truly, my opinion is that (after doing both types of dieting!) calorie counting and exercise is probably the best method for keeping it off

Please dont think im putting LL down in any way, obviously it works wonders for some people (see BL who looks fantastic!) it just didnt work how id have hoped for me!

Anyway - enough of the negativity!!!! Onwards and upwards ive got my 4th WI at weight watchers tonight..... im hoping for 2lbs off!!

Thanks for replying all... I am going to stick around these boards and have introduced myself on the WW ones xxxx

Hi everybody, thanks for replying - its great to see your all still around!

BL - Wow, i remember you! I remember the holiday to america you went on with your hubby to meet his parents for the first time since u were slimmer - you were trying to stick off the cigs aswell as far as I can remember and u done brilliantly! You are looking fab, well done!!! xx

Thanks hon. :) Well, the weigh has stayed off, but the ciggies haven't. :D

Oh well, one at a time, ay? ;)

Good luck to you.

xx

Back