Hi everyone...made it to week 3!!!

TRIVENAM

Getting there!!!
hello all,

i used to do atkins about 2 years ago and remembering how good i felt on it i decided to come back to it! and whats even better is my OH is doing it tooooooooo! he only has about 20lb to lose if even! but me on the other hand,,,ehh 6 stone :(

anyway im actually sailing through it with not a hiccup in sight and by god its been a long road to feel this way finally on a diet!
So i usually weigh on Thursdays on the chemists scales and do my blood pressure etc but i wont get there until Saturday this week for my w3 weigh in but dont worry ill be posting as soon as i do!

xxxxx

Hi Hun,

i am coming back to Atkins as well.
i did it a while ago and had fairly good losses- but i let people get in my head about how bad it can be etc.
tried WW, and exante but haven't lost much more and the only diet i have been happy and energetic on is Atkins. i also find it quite easy to adapt for my little girl and like that we can eat the same things (almost).

i don't get paid until Wednesday so unfortunately cannot start until then.

have noticed we are quite similar weights so we could team up if you want? offer encouragement etc x

Google the documentary 'fat head' if you want some excellent rebuttals to people who tell you Atkins isn't good for you - it's one of the healthiest diets out there. Welcome back!

Ah hey Skinny-mummy! yes thats fab id love to have a buddy! we can weigh the same day etc when you get going :D i was on this forum for a long time and there was a man called Jim who looked after everyone with his motivation and wisdom,but,i have scouted about and not seen him yet?? anyone know is he still on here? he is the master of atkins lol..
anyway,i weighed today and i stayed the same,im pretty delighted with that because my totm is due on Monday so please god im just holding water weight,im going to start some light exercise this week too.. i say light because i found that doing strenuous workouts the last time nearly made me give up the whole plan so im just enjoying the plan at the mo :)))) xxxx

Google the documentary 'fat head' if you want some excellent rebuttals to people who tell you Atkins isn't good for you - it's one of the healthiest diets out there. Welcome back!

Thanks moonlight- have just had a quick read on wiki and looks really interesting, will be watching tomorrow night i think. im excited and happy to be back. im trying to be as carb free as possible for now but im not actually starting until wedensday. im actually looking forward to it, lol.

Ah hey Skinny-mummy! yes thats fab id love to have a buddy! we can weigh the same day etc when you get going :D i was on this forum for a long time and there was a man called Jim who looked after everyone with his motivation and wisdom,but,i have scouted about and not seen him yet?? anyone know is he still on here? he is the master of atkins lol..
anyway,i weighed today and i stayed the same,im pretty delighted with that because my totm is due on Monday so please god im just holding water weight,im going to start some light exercise this week too.. i say light because i found that doing strenuous workouts the last time nearly made me give up the whole plan so im just enjoying the plan at the mo :)))) xxxx

sounds good to me trivienam, what day do you weigh in usually? i am starting on Wednesday so that will be my first weigh in but the following week i will weigh in the same day as you and stick to that day if you fancy? bit of healthy competition, lol.
im sure Jim is still around and has a diary. i think its called jims lazy diary or something like that.

well done on staying the same. ive ordered a kettlebell weight, eek. will be here on monday and i will see if i can find a work out online. i also have zumba on the kinect so i might try and do that a couple of times a week. i don't want to over commit though so i'll justtake each day as it comes.

is there an official atkins forum weigh in day? maybe others would want to join us x x

ah great hun,mine will be saturdays :) i like that day because it sets me up to be in great form for the weekend lol,on a saturday night i always make my own curried chicken dippers and have a home-made coleslaw with it...yuuuuuumy! gonna try the mims in about 2 weeks and see what i think cause im getting stuck on breakfasts right now and some days i go without and have my lunch about 11am in work,dinner at 5pm and sometimes ill have scrambled eggs at night..i find eating protein at night keeps my body ticking over just nice and somehow i feel slimmer on the mornings i do eat at night? also so far im down 3.5 inches off my hips and 5 off my waist,since last saturday :) if i dont lose on the scales ill always measure aswell to keep the motivation :) i wont leave you 1 and a half weeks to weigh in so ill do wednesdays too hun and we'll go from there ;) i havent noticed a weigh in day tread yet but ill have a peek now and see! would love to try zumba but i have ***** coordination lol,im a great mover but not with specifics haha,id trip myself up! and kettlebells are meant to be amaaaaaazing! especially for the belly,the thought of it scares me too haha xxx

sounds yum- im going to try the mims as well although im not convinced mine will be amy good- i dont have a flair for things like that.

well my kettle bell didn't turn up but the 3 other parcels i ordered did, i hope it comes tomorrow.

i have sort of unofficially started today, thought i might as well give it a go. its been a bit random but ive had a coffee with cream for breakfast, a tuna special salad for lunch, fried chicken wings,cauliflower and more salad for tea. not had much water, quite a lot of diet coke thou. i think that's illegal? must break the habit.

i weighed in this morning at 14st 11lbs so we can stick to Saturdays if you like? im happy with that is you are.

to say ive only been doing my half diet for one day i feel very fluey- achey legs, super tired etc.

fantastic inch losses you have had, you must be pleased with that.

x x

i sure am hun thanks! and well done for starting too! how are you getting on? i feel great now its 4 weeks,everyone noticed it today and i got lots of compliments too :) oh to be 14st 11 again would be a dream come through for me! i cannot get passed 15st 3 or 4 EVER! literally my body must like that weight now :( if i dont lose tomorrow im going to do completely strict induction again,just 3 cups of salad,allowed meat and veg for the week,nothing out of context like! i swear im smothered woth flu,my little girls have it too and i just spent 5 hours trying to calm my 6 month old down :( in doing that my 6 ear old comes out crying with earache so i start crying with exhaustion lol! thank god the are both settled and asleep now,7pm is bedtime for them both but not today,10pm!!! ill weigh in the morning my dear and ill be online about 11am ish guuuuuuuuud luuuuuuuck hunni with your weigh in!! xxxxx

aww hun sounds like a bad time, how old are you little ones? i have a little girl who is 3.

did you weigh in? i went to weigh in today and my scales are broken, lol. other half is bringing batteries home with him tonight so i will try again tomorrow.

lol,nothing worse than a broken scales hun! did you weigh yet? i didnt,i have my totm since sat morning so i didnt want to risk seeing a gain :( so definitely this sat! i was at the docs today,me and my 6 month old Rachael have earaches and flu,both on antibiotic for the week,i really hope she is better tomorrow,going through hell the last few days poor mite! :( but on the upside the plan is going swimmingly from what i can taste haha! force feeding myself at this stage!

Back