Hi everyone

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Angy, 21 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Angy

Angy Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(32.61%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hi all

I am new to this forum and my name is Angharad. I have lost 4 stone and 2 lbs by calorie counting going from 13.2 to 9. I gained 3 stone whilst quitting smoking a few years back, stayed off the ciggies for 18 months but then started again while I was getting divorced. I lost 3 stone in 9 months then gained a stone back in the first 6 months of being with my boyfriend. I have in the last 6 months lost the last 2 stone and reached my goal of 9 stone on 3rd July. I started exercising 6 weeks ago, going to yoga classes several times a week and doing some swimming with the odd gym session in the hopes of toning up what is left. I want to quit smoking again soon but I am so petrified of gaining weight again.

I must admit to be very scared now about the whole maintenance aspect and feel a bit lost. I thought I would be happy when I got to my goal and don’t get me wrong the sense of achievement is amazing, but I also feel a bit sad. Did anyone else feel like this? :cry:

Thanks for reading my story x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I can identify with that. I think it's quite emotional, You've won the battle, or think you have, because then you face the battle of maintaining. I missed the weekly thrill of the weigh in, but here we are 4 years on and I hardly ever step on the scales. I go by my belt, if it's loose, I'm OK, if it's tight I need to be a bit stricter on the carbs.

4. Angy

Angy Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(32.61%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Thanks for your kind words Jim. I have been feeling a bit lost. But I am hoping I can lose another few pounds whilst I try to up my calories and move into maintenenance. It'll be another little project to keep me out of trouble.

Well done on your fantastic achievement!

Jim likes this.
  5. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    You have done well too, and only 7lbs to go. I'd up your calories very slowly over the next month or so. I added 5 carbs a month in pre maint until I stopped losing weight and at that point considered myself in maint angy.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.