Hi everyone :)

Hi all,

I'm Michelle and i just joined this site today.

I live in Nottingham with my other half and i'm a support worker for adults with Dementia.

I started calorie counting today. I'm getting married and want to be a healthy and slim bride.

I have many reasons which made me decide to do something about my weight. I am under no illusions and i know i have an extremely long way to go but i seem to of gotten all this determination from somewhere and i'm excited to see the lbs drop!

I'm looking forward to chatting to new people and hopefully making some friends.

xx

Hello Michelle and welcome. I will have been married 39 years in December and can heartily recommend it. I too have nursed people with dementia, but the hardest part for me, was watching my mum be slowly absorbed by it. She died in January and it was a relief to see her at peace.
You will find all the support you could hope for on here, even on bad days when you have slipped off the wagon, there is always someone to give you a leggy-up back onto it. Good luck. See you around

Hello Michelle and welcome. I will have been married 39 years in December and can heartily recommend it. I too have nursed people with dementia, but the hardest part for me, was watching my mum be slowly absorbed by it. She died in January and it was a relief to see her at peace. You will find all the support you could hope for on here, even on bad days when you have slipped off the wagon, there is always someone to give you a leggy-up back onto it. Good luck. See you around

39 years!! Wow! Well done, thats an achievement!

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Thats really sad but i completely understand what you mean. Most of the time, in the end its just a relief. Hope your doing ok.

Thanks for the lovely message xx

Back