Hi Everyone!

Shamrock

Wanna be....sexy!
I am new on here so be gentle! I am starting the Lipotrim Weight loss programme in the hope of losing around 6-8 stone so that I can run around with my children and gain back the confidence I used to have.Now,Im 35 and when I lost 4 stone about 10 years ago,I exercised frequently and had no hanging skin bits (pardon the thought!) so what my question is to all those inspiring members who have lost considerable weight and who are around my age group,have you found that your skin doesnt revert back to what it should?
I am positive about getting this weight off but am kinda worried that I might be left with excess skin.
Thank-you in anticipation;)

Hi Shamrock, and welcome to this great site which will help you through with all the endless inspirational stories.
I'm a touch older than you and male but still worry about gaining a big baggy apron:(. A friend of mine who's wife is a plastic surgeon reckons not everybody suffers with excess skin after such great weight losses, but if it happens it is, in some cases possible to have it removed on the NHS. Alternatively I am led to believe 3 grandish would sort it privately.
Ultimately the main thing in my opinion is to get shut of the excess fat then worry about the excess skin.
In total I want to lose 7 or 7 1/2 ish stone and I'm well on my way. I'm hoping to be done around mid to late June, fingers crossed.
You just crack on with it, don't cheat, keep intouch with the site and enjoy it the short time you are going to be on it. The results are quite staggering!
Good luck!:)

Good luck shamrock xxx

I live in Northern reland and its £45 per week over in my local pharmacy,I could have got it for £30 in England where I used to live.Has anyone come across this?

hi shamrock it has gone up in england as well most of us pay £36 but to be honest even £45 is a lot chaeper than all the takeaways and things that got us all here in the first place ,i had 6 to lose only 3 left now and if you do toning exercises it should help ive not noticed any baggy skin yet good luck and keep us all posted xx lillie

I think I will just be glad to lose the weight and any other issues such as excess skin can be dealt with later.

Hi shamrock , I also worry about excess skin but I am slowly beginning to excercise as I believe this will help. So far i have lost 3st 6lbs and have 4st 10lbs to go. But if I do hang - I will consider surgery ! Best of luck with the programme :)

by the time ive lost about the last 11 lbs i will have lost almost 5 stone. i dont have any loose skin at all because i decided at the beginning that i would exercise throughout the diet to hopefully stop this and it seems to have worked for me :)

h x

I am new to Minimins.com & haven't started LT yet (appt. next wk) but in the last 3 years I have lost 8 stone on various diets & have found the best way to stop 'saggy' skin etc. is pilates - I go twice a week for an hour and find it both extremely relaxing and great for your stomach.
Hope this helps you x

I am new to Minimins.com & haven't started LT yet (appt. next wk) but in the last 3 years I have lost 8 stone on various diets & have found the best way to stop 'saggy' skin etc. is pilates - I go twice a week for an hour and find it both extremely relaxing and great for your stomach.
Hope this helps you x
Thanks marti, its worth a try !
I'd love a tummy tuck after this but dont know if i'm brave enough, so pilates will do for now :)

at the risk of sounding blonde (which i am so im exused)

At the risk of sounding blonde (which i am so im exused) im sorry but what is pilates :confused:

thank you

thanks very much novice, much apreciated ill go have a look at that :)

I thought if I exercised during the LT programme,it would help.Ive got that Davina macall's new dvd,unopened for about 4 mths!! and I have to walk our son to Nursery and back so that should help and of course the dog will appreciate the exercise too!
Thank-you all for your responses,its great to know that there are other people who are in the same boat and that you can chat to.

Hi Lady-Wilkinson,
Pilates is fab! Over the course of the hour you learn to stretch & tone muscles that you didn't know you had! Great for your tummy and not high impact so suits all levels of fitness. I've been going for about 6 months now & have definitely noticed a difference to my upper arms, thighs & tummy. You are basically using your own weight/strength to have a work out x

Pilates :D:D just a modern word for stretching:rolleyes:

Back