Hi!!! feel like giving up already!

Hiya,
hope everyone is haing a lovely afternoon!
I'm a newbie who has around 2 stone of baby weight to lose!!!!
I joined SW last wednesday as i had lost a couple of stone on it a few years previously....
I've been really good everyday, measuring everything, checking syn values etc etc, and i've just done a body test on my wii fit & it said that i had gained 2lbs! (i weighed myself before the SW class and the weight was the same as SW scales)

feel really deflated now, just feel like giving up!!! I've stuck to 3 meals a day with a fat free muller light yoghurt and an apple as snack, my meals are not big & ive been so careful (mainly doing green days)

cant understand whats happening... really feel like making a cuppa with a big pile of biscuits lol.....

i have m.e which means activity is limited.

only been drinking water, diet coke & tea with no sugar (milk from allowance)

really feel like not bothering going back this week now...

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!! lol

xxx:eek:

please please dont be disheartened. There are a number of reasons why you could have shown a gain this week e.g. TOTM, Fluid retention etcc

I would advise writing everything down to make sure that you are not consuming something that you are not accounting for or if you are not eating enough then your body will hold on to what you do eat.

Either way, chin up you know SW works.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi ya,

Honestly don't give up!!

Did you fill in your food diary? Your consultant should be able to talk you through the diary and advise you..
My weightloss varies so much within a month as i always seem to retain water!!
Don't give up xxx

Right young lady!!! I've done enough moping on here today for the both of us, so you are not allowed too!!! Lol.
Wii fit is not an acurate scales Huni. One minute Im 4lbs lighter, the next Ive gained 8lbs! Please, please do not weigh yourself from these or your home scales for that matter.
You have another 2 days before weigh in at class, and I can guarantee you that will shift it.

Dont panic Huni, things will shift!

Thanks for replying so quickly:), i've just finished totm, (lol!)
been writing everything down on the food diary sheets,

typical day

breakfast- 28g special k with skimmed milk from allowance.

Lunch - pasta with tuna (taken from healthy extra allowance) sweetcorn & onion.

tea- jacket potato with salad (lettuce tomato, onion, cucumber) & baked beans.

muller light f/f yoghurt & apple as snacks

3 glasses of water, 2 cups of tea with milk from allowance & 1 diet coke!

most days i havent even used any syns, really want to stick with it though as i have a wedding to go to in summer:(

xxxxxx

Hiya

Welcome to SW, and I must echo what the others have said - definitely stick with it. I bet you get a nice surprise at class xx

well you have just had TOTM so that will explain it. Your menu looks fine so I am sure that you will be surprised at class. One thing I would say though is dont be afraid to use your syns.

Good Luck xxxxxxx

Don't be disheartened, wait and see what the SW scales say. I often lose weight on WI day despite the scales not budging the rest of the week. Fluid retention can also make such a difference to your weight, so don't have loads of salt the night before WI or a big glass of water just before you go to be weighed. Also, if I go hungry and don't eat enough I don't have a good WI result. Good luck!

thanks for all your advice, think some of the problem is i'm comparing myself to last time (i lost 6lb in 1st week) which i know i shouldnt do (its a bit unrealistic to expect a big weight loss- although its nice when it does happen lol)!!!
hopefully as you have all said, i might get a nice suprise at WI, even a lb or 2 would be nice lol..

xxx

Hi upseydaisy, as said before try and stay away from any scales and just get weighed at class. You will do great on this plan, check all the recipe threads for great ideas and a tip that i used while losing my weight is to give yourself little targets to work to, i worked to 7lbs at a time and found it a great insentive to get to the next target, found it less daunting to work at than the whole number of pounds i wanted to drop, i lost 65.5lbs and at target. Please keep away from the scales and your week will be much easier. xxx Loobylou

I second everything all the others have said - especially about Wii fit not being accurate scales, and about staying off the scales between classes!

The only way to get an accurate record of your weight loss is to weigh at a regular interval on the same set of scales, wearing more or less the same clothing. Really, weighing in between classes won't do you any good - well, you've felt the effect it's had on you today! Hang in there and wait for your WI at class, and see how you've got on.

One other thing - I notice you've got Special K down for your breakfast - it's not a Healthy Extra "B" unless it's the "Sustain" stuff, so you need to count it as syns if it's the ordinary stuff.

Back