Hi from Falcore (newbie)

Falcore

Hi,

I've just stummbled across this forum and thought it would be fun to chat about my weight loss exploits!! :)

I've been overweight most of my life. I've always eaten a pretty healty diet, but due to the slowest metabolism in the world and an underactive thyroid, I just haven't been able to loose weight. At the end of June I put an extra stone on and found myself weighing 16st10. This gave me the shock and incentive I needed to put in a mammoth effort to loose weight.

Anyway, since July 08 I have been eating little an often through the day. Through the week I usually have a small breakfast, fruit for my mid morning snack, cereals for lunch, more fruit for my afternoon snack. I keep my dinner portion small, and then for supper I have cereals or more fruit. I'm also trying to drink 2 pints of water at work (it's easier sipping water at work than it is at home). Exercise wise I'm doing an hour of cardio everyday (I've got a treadmill at home and some good Walk Aerobic's and step exercise dvd's). I'm still allowing myself a bar of chocolate every week, the odd biscuit (that sort of thing) and at the weekends I have a wrap or something a bit more yummy for lunch. Plus I have the odd day when I do eat unhealthily - my birthday for example, but I just crack on with the healthy eating and exercise the following day.

Since the 1st Jul I have lost 19 pounds. So I'm pretty happy. Hopefully it'l keep coming off. It takes a massive amount of will power, but once you get into a healthy eating / exercising regime, it becomes so much easier. The first thing I do when I get home from work is do my hour of exercises. That way it's out the way. If I sit down and start to relax I will start to find reasons why not to do it!! :rolleyes:

I know that alot of people do all of the various diets, but the best thing is to eat generally healthily, cut down your portions and exercise most days. If it works for me, it will work for anyone.

Ooh, also I have started to keep a Food Diary. This may sound strange, but I have been writing down each day exactly what I have eaten/drank and how much exercise I have done, and that way if I loose more weight one week than another, I can look back and see exactly what I ate/did that week or day.

Hi Falcore and welcome. Congratulations on your weight loss so far and good luck for the rest! :)

Welcome to our community Falcore :D:D:D

Lacey..xx :)

Way to go its like you what works for you makes the Journey easier.

Back