Hi from London

NaJoLa

Hi,

my name is Nadine and I am nineteen years old. I am German, but moved to London in 2007 and from there on I have worked as a Nanny and started studying law in September last year. Over the last two years I have put on nearly 5 stone and I am not happy about it, having always been a size 6/8 I now struggle to get into a size 14/16. I tried several diets over the last year, from Atkins to Almased (Protein Shakes from Germany). Having gained nearly a stone over the christmas period I decided to get rid of the weight. I started on the 21th of January with Slim Fast. I have a shake three times a day, nothing else. I then wanna reduce it to two shakes a day plus one meal and so on. I also joined a Bootcamp Group once a week. Beeing a full-time student, a part-time nanny and the owner of a recruitment agency I have not so much time to go to the gym regularly.

I hope I can loss some weight and am looking forward to exchange experiences and success stories with you,

Nadine

Hey Nadine welcome to Minimins. I hope you succeed in losing the weight :)

I just have to say though....having 3 slimfast shakes a day is very unhealthy. They wont be giving you all the nutrients you need in a day,thats why the slimfast plan is 2 shakes and a balanced meal.
Only total meal replacement shakes (Like cambridge diet and Lighterlife)are ok to have as your ony source of 'food'

Claire x

Hello,

thanks. I do know that it is not very healthy. And as I know myself, I won't be able to do it longer than two weeks, I just wanna have a bit of success to motivate myself.

Nadine

Hi Nadine :welcome2:

You have a hectic life don't you! Don't know how you manage to fit everything in it.
I started on SF but couldn't stand the taste lol, good luck with it :D

@doodlelover : Yes, I do, but that's just how I like it.

@lisamac30 : Oh, I have just seen that you live in Enfield, that's not far from me, I live between Palmers Green and Southgate.

Welcome and good luck with both your weight-loss and your studies! :) x

Good Luck Nadine. U seem to be motivated enough to succeed. Well done on the 7lb's btw :) xx

Hello and welcome rather you than me slimfast made me very ill a few years ago and never again will I go for a quick fix

Good luck Nadine

Good luck with the weight loss Nadine...

If you need a half German to chat to who lives in Enfield then send me a message...We can also go for a jog at weekends or I play football on Thursday to get my bum into gear...

PS. Es ist nicht immer leicht aber du wirst es schaffen ;)

Guten tag!

Welcome to the boards! I have to admit I thought "eeek" when I saw you said you were just on the shakes. It's important to be safe more than anything! If you find you have having problems head to the slimfast section like Irene says! When I go to the slimming world one, I get a quick response and I have learnt a lot! I always say when in doubt, see the doctor or at least call NHS direct. They are used to it!

Good luck X

Back